Cuisine at home Forums
We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos (/showthread.php?tid=50435)

We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - Old Bay - 02-22-2008

Rye Stuffed Pork Chops w/ Apple-Thyme Pan Sauce CAH Vol 49, pg 25 (we substituted Calvados for the white wine, and fresh apples for the dried)--wonderful--don't overcook!
Parmesan zucchini--Vol 63, pg 22--just like it is written. Wonderful dinner--Jane is thru with her treatment and going thru reconstruction. She has a 7-9% chance of recurrence of her cancer--with further surgery or radiation it only goes to 4-6%.
She is ready to get on with her life!! Best to you all--Thanks for all the love--we had so much fun tonight--and will tomorrow.

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - HomeCulinarian - 02-22-2008

How very sweet. I have to admit cooking with others is a test of patience for me... I just need to go into it with the right attitude. With hubby. it can be very romantic ... even sensual... if I can only let go and let give!

You are obviously a Renaissance man and a romantic! Jane is a lucky girl. Best to you both!

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - Gourmet_Mom - 02-22-2008

What a wonderful experience. I know this must have been a special evening for you both! It sounds like you two are well on your way to a full recovery. What better way to move on than sharing the kitchen and good food.

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - bjcotton - 02-22-2008

Wonderful news! I am so happy for the two of you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - Harborwitch - 02-23-2008

Bill and Jane - that is wonderful news. The dinner sounds wonderful!!! We've been looking at that pork recipe and drooling - will have to make that when we get home!

Congratulations!

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - vannin - 02-23-2008

I am so proud of you both, so proud. Much love.

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - firechef - 02-23-2008

That is wonderful good Sir. A tender hug to both of you from my daughter and I as we cooked together for the first time in her 7 months of life last night...I hope it is something that the two of you get to share for many more meals to come as I get ready to bring up my very own "Little Chef" just like the movie...by the way hope you don't mind I ended up shedding a tear or two or three, okay I cried like a baby after reading your post and thinking about it all...

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - Old Bay - 02-23-2008

Whenever I post to you about your "Little Chef" I get really misty (as now)--the best to you all my friend.

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - cjs - 02-23-2008

"She is ready to get on with her life!!" - and what a life you both will continue to have!! Now off to check out these dishes....

Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos - luvnit - 02-23-2008

That is wonderful news! I am sure it felt great. Thanks for sharing your moment with us all. That is very sweet of you.