Cuisine at home Forums
Meated Out??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Meated Out??? (/showthread.php?tid=51285)

Meated Out??? - Lorraine - 03-02-2008

Is anyone else meated out? I'm a die hard carnivour, but, I think I'm saturated. Im porked out (that's what happens when everyone has it on sale for 99 cents), beefed out ( cheap cuts of beeef on sale), chickened out (thighs and legs $1.00 lb). I've been craving salads, veggies, pasta, anything but meat! Spent $100.00 in groceries today, and not a piece of meat in sight!!!!

Re: Meated Out??? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-02-2008

I know what you mean Lorraine. I get like this just before spring. I think it has something to do with the anticipation of spring and fresh garden veggies. At least it is for me. The only thing I bought yesterday was fruit, veggies, chicken and fish. I had no desire for anything heavier. The boys are going to have to get over it!

Re: Meated Out??? - cjs - 03-02-2008

I was complaining to a neighbor yesterday as we unloaded $117.00 worth of groceries and not a piece of meat in the lot!! We had salad for dinner last night - so I guess we're right along with you Lorraine. I want FRESH!!! (I want summer)

Re: Meated Out??? - Mare749 - 03-02-2008

I think it happens to a lot of us at this time of the year. We've had enough of the comfort foods and are ready for Spring and some fresh vegetables. I'm afraid it's a long way off yet.

Re: Meated Out??? - labradors - 03-02-2008

It takes about 35 years for me to get "meated out." When that happens, it takes about a week for me to get "veggied out." So, since I'm currently 46, neither should happen again for about 24 more years.

Re: Meated Out??? - Old Bay - 03-02-2008

When I get that way ( very seldom), I have eggplant parmasan with penne and marinara with a caprese salad. A nice chianti goes well--the Italians have a cure for everything!! Oh some garlic bread too.

Re: Meated Out??? - Mare749 - 03-02-2008

That sounds like the perfect remedy. Thanks for a great idea for this week.

Re: Meated Out??? - Lorraine - 03-03-2008

What's really strange is that I'm not even craving pasta. It does sound good though, Bill.

Re: Meated Out??? - Trixxee - 03-03-2008

Quote:

It takes about 35 years for me to get "meated out." When that happens, it takes about a week for me to get "veggied out." So, since I'm currently 46, neither should happen again for about 24 more years.

LOL! I do get like that too. That's when I start incorporating shrimp and fish into the weekly menu. I'm really sick of chicken right now. And if I never see another pork tenderloin, that'd be ok. I'm sure I'll get over it but for now.............

Re: Meated Out??? - Harborwitch - 03-03-2008

Last night was so simple - huge salad, shared a steak and some orzo with butter and asiago cheese. Figured we needed some roughage and some protein to get over this crap.

We ate so little on the trip - but what there was was rich. I'm just fooded out! Nothing sounds good!