Cuisine at home Forums
Daylight Savings Time - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Daylight Savings Time (/showthread.php?tid=51901)

Daylight Savings Time - DFen911 - 03-08-2008

Ok for all of us that have to do Daylight Savings here in USA this Saturday is the day. (March 9th)

So don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour.

Re: Daylight Savings Time - firechef - 03-08-2008

What a joke...talk about a pain in the neck or elsewhere.

You'd think by adding the hour a month earlier than "normal" we would have sunsets an extra however much time "accumulates" in the extra month. But them again the seasons are not changing earlier so maybe not. Kind of silly just the same if you ask me. Makes me miss Arizona...

Re: Daylight Savings Time - DFen911 - 03-08-2008

I agree with you! I wish they'd just set the clocks and be done with it It would make all of our lives a lot easier.

Re: Daylight Savings Time - Gourmet_Mom - 03-08-2008

Thanks for the reminder. I've been looking forward daylight at dinnertime for a few weeks since I was reminded of it. At the same time, I'm one of thoe people that misses that hour we loose. It takes me weeks to get my internal clock reset!

Re: Daylight Savings Time - Harborwitch - 03-08-2008

Geeze - just got over "Ohio lag", I think I'll just sleep today.

They just had a deal on the news saying that daylight savings actually uses more electricity than usual. Why doesn't that surprise me??????

Re: Daylight Savings Time - firechef - 03-08-2008

I saw that too. I am not surprised that it "seems" to cost us more money. Then again it was in the press so it must be "true" of course.