Cuisine at home Forums
Posting recipes from another site? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Posting recipes from another site? (/showthread.php?tid=53194)

Posting recipes from another site? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-23-2008

I know I've read all about this somewhere, but how do you know for sure if you can post from a site? I posted a site here in another thread, but I'd like to ask a question about a recipe or two. I guess I could post a link to the recipes, but it would be easier to reference if I could just post the recipes.

Unfortunately, I can not find anywhere on the site about copying. It does have a copyright at the bottom of each page. Does this mean I can't copy/paste? I also see NO contact info on the site to request posting. Advice?

Re: Posting recipes from another site? - labradors - 03-23-2008

Quote:

How do I protect my recipe?
A mere listing of ingredients is not protected under copyright law. However, where a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a collection of recipes as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection. Note that if you have secret ingredients to a recipe that you do not wish to be revealed, you should not submit your recipe for registration, because applications and deposit copies are public records. See FL 122, [i]Recipes[i].

(Source: U.S. Copyright Office FAQ)

Re: Posting recipes from another site? - cjs - 03-23-2008

In a perfect world - we would all respect copyright laws on recipes, but once it's on the internet, it's darn near fair game for any and all!!