Cuisine at home Forums
Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! (/showthread.php?tid=53958)

Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - firechef - 03-30-2008

In the April issue of Gourmet (yes I know it is a "rival" magazine but I get several and use C@H the most...) on page 72 I found a recipe with NUTELLA in the title...

Oven Crespella with Nutella Sauce...

It is a simple recipe but not so sure if I should post it or not since it is their latest issue...??? It is worth checking out. I am not sure if it is on www.epicurious.com yet or not.

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - firechef - 03-30-2008

Well, I'll be it is online at www.epicurious.com after all and like Jean says it is pretty much "free game" once it is online...don't know if I agree or not...but here it is...

Gourmet, April 2008

by Melissa Roberts

OVEN CRESPELLA WITH NUTELLA SAUCE

Gooey Nutella has long been a guilty pleasure, and we can't think of a better way to enjoy it than as a sweet, creamy sauce spooned over the tender middle and crisp edges of this baked pancake.

Active time: 15 min Start to finish: 40 min

Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings

Ingredients

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons whole milk, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread such as Nutella

Garnish: confectioners sugar
Accompaniment: chopped strawberries
Preparation

Put a 12-inch ovenproof heavy skillet in middle of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.

Whisk together flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and 1 1/2 cups milk in a bowl.

Add butter to skillet and heat in oven until golden, about 1 minute. Pour batter into skillet and bake until puffed, set, and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together Nutella and remaining 3 tablespoons milk until smooth. Thin sauce with additional milk if necessary.

Cool pancake in skillet on a rack 5 minutes (it will sink). Dust with confectioners sugar and drizzle with sauce. Serve with berries.

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - cjs - 03-31-2008

oh geez, right buy a jar of the stuff for this and then what???? Sit and eat the rest with a spoon?????

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - firechef - 03-31-2008

Or on toast, or on bread or on a car bumper...EVERYTHING tastes better with Nutella. My only problem with eating it with a spoon is I have to be careful NOT to eat the spoon.

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - cjs - 03-31-2008

that's what I meant - can't have the stuff in the house!

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - cjs - 04-03-2008

O.K. on my shopping spree yesterday, I picked up three pkgs. (little) to try this recipe out. NO WAY would I buy a darn jar of this!

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - firechef - 04-03-2008

I just finished a jar this morning with toast and coffee...should avoid buying more as it is a treat I can (not) live without.

I had never had it until someone over on C2C mentioned it and being the curious type I had to try it...

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - labradors - 04-03-2008

Finally broke down and bought some of this (the big jar). Until now, I had only known it from the Ferrero Rocher candies - this was the first time I had tried it "straight."

Wow! I think I'll just be catatonic for a while now, in amazement and appreciation of this marvellous mélange.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get some ice cream upon which to use it!

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - firechef - 04-03-2008

Great idea...maybe slightly warmed over ice cream???

Glad you have found the vice of my life. I hope it does not take away from the great work you do in Honduras.

Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! - labradors - 04-04-2008

Quote:

...maybe slightly warmed over ice cream???

Okay. That brings up a question. Why do they have, in big letters (almost like a warning) "DO NOT REFRIGERATE OR MICROWAVE"? Does it contain metal, or something?