Cuisine at home Forums
Raspberry Scones - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Raspberry Scones (/showthread.php?tid=55001)

Raspberry Scones - piano226 - 04-09-2008

HI,

Does anybody have a good Raspberry Scone recipe? I found a bunch on the internet but thought maybe one of you guys have a proven one that you have made and loved.

Thanks

Re: Raspberry Scones - cjs - 04-09-2008

Oh man, now I'm just sick!! I never cared for scones much, but about 4 years ago I found a recipe for one that for some reason caught my fancy and I mae them. They were wonderful!!! Marina, you just got me to go look for it and I can't find the darn thing. I'm going to be so disappointed if I don't find it.

But, sorry for the tirade! Can't help with a raspberry scone recipe. someone will be along to help, I'll bet.

Re: Raspberry Scones - piano226 - 04-09-2008

Oh, thank you so much...Dont go into a HUGE searching effort. I do have a couple I can use...I was just hoping that somebody will give me the one they tried, tested and loved.

Thanks for looking

Re: Raspberry Scones - luvnit - 04-09-2008

Ya know, I think scones are better made at home and fresh. I like them kinda small too.

But again, no help here. My baking is limited.

Re: Raspberry Scones - firechef - 04-09-2008

Mind you I am not a baker by trade but when I had my own restaurant I had to make things I was not used to making and learn new things...this is the scone recipe I used then. I used the raspberries as well as peach, apricot and orange with the orange scones.

Here is the recipe I use as I found it on recipegoldmine.com a few years ago...

Raspberry-Filled Orange Scones recipe

Yield: 16 scones

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon grated orange peel (aka orange zest)
3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
Confectioners' sugar

Heat oven to 425 degrees F.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Beat eggs, cream and orange peel. Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Shape dough into a ball. Knead 10 times on lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Roll out each half into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Spread 1 rectangle with preserves. Top with remaining rectangle. Cut into 8 (3-inch) squares; cut each in half diagonally. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

They are different and a "challenge" due to the filled aspect of them...they may not be the most traditional as far as scones go but they are not too hard and when they get the filling they think you have made a masterpiece...