Cuisine at home Forums
New guy checking in - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New guy checking in (/showthread.php?tid=56117)

New guy checking in - buzzard767 - 04-25-2008

Hi all. I just received a free preview issue of the magazine, went to the website, and joined the forum. My wife is a great cook but I'm just 'okay' except for a few special recipes so I'm for sure not going to offer much in that area. My real kitchen related specialty is cutlery, especially Japanese, and extreme sharpening. I have never seen this forum software before so I have a bit to learn about posting pictures, etc.

Re: New guy checking in - mlucas1 - 04-25-2008

Welcome to the forum, Buzz! This is a great group of people! Jump right in!

Re: New guy checking in - firechef - 04-25-2008

Welcome...never be afraid to jump in and throw in your two cents worth. We don't bite we just taste around here...

Re: New guy checking in - luvnit - 04-25-2008

I wish you lived closer Buzzard, my knives need a good sharpening and I need to learn. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Bunch of friendly folks here.

I have to say that is a nice looking knife in your avatar pic! Never seen one like it. Very pretty.

Re: New guy checking in - buzzard767 - 04-25-2008

Quote:

Welcome...never be afraid to jump in and throw in your two cents worth. We don't bite we just taste around here...

One more thing about me; I'm glad you don't bite because I'm a Marine and I bite back.

So why isn't my avatar showing? Does it require a moderator review?

Re: New guy checking in - luvnit - 04-25-2008

I can see it.

Quote:

I wish you lived closer Buzzard, my knives need a good sharpening and I need to learn. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Bunch of friendly folks here.

I have to say that is a nice looking knife in your avatar pic! Never seen one like it. Very pretty.

Aha, my avatar finally showed up.

I'm closer to Minnesota than you think - moved to FL from Wausau, WI ten years ago. My daughter is the assistant compliance director (in charge of athletic scholarships) at the U of M. She lives in Eagan and we're up there often. I also spent all of my pre-teen and teenage summers on the south shore of Big Detroit Lake - Dad was from Moorhead, Mom from Fargo.

The avatar is a Yoshikane 240mm (9.4") Gyuto (J chef's knife).

Re: New guy checking in - DFen911 - 04-25-2008

Welcome Buzz! You'll love this place. Great group of folks here from novices to professionals.

I am in charge of jello shooters, so if you have a preference let me know. lol!

Re: New guy checking in - firechef - 04-25-2008

I have a lot of friends in the Corps. Having spent three years on VIP duty in the Air Force out of Andrews, AFB I got to work with a bunch of embassy and VIP security guys...keep close with guys like that...