Cuisine at home Forums
Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon (/showthread.php?tid=56520)

Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon - cjs - 05-03-2008

Another new winner - I'm making these for a party next week and tested them yesterday. really tasty.

Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon

Serves 12
"F&W's Grace Parisi loves using extra-crispy, thick-cut potato chips as the base for quick hors d'oeuvres. Here she tops the chips with creamy goat cheese, sweet-spicy pepper jelly and smoky bacon."

6 oz. sliced bacon
36 thick-cut potato chips (I made my chips from Russets)
5 oz. fresh goat cheese, softened
3 T. sweet red pepper jelly (I used 7-pepper jelly)
1 T. snipped chives

Cook the sliced bacon till crisp; drain, cool and crumble.

Arrange the chips on a serving platter. spread or pipe 1 tsp. of the goat cheese onto each potato chip. Top with a small dollop of the pepper jelly, sprinkle with the bacon and chives and serve right away.

I layered mine a little different - bacon on the cheese, the jelly next and then the chives - seemed to look better and not so 'scattered.' I also didn't read the instructions ( ) and used much more than a tsp. per chip - think I would go with something between what I did and the tsp.

Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon - labradors - 05-03-2008

Good grief! You must be trying to kill me!

Certainly a new twist on nachos.

I'd layer them as you did, Jean: chip, cheese, bacon (I'd cut it into little squares instead of crumbling it), jelly, chives (except I'd use green onions).

Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon - cjs - 05-03-2008

hmmm, don't think the squares would work - it's a two-biter.

Oh boy, nachos made with homemade tato chips....

Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon - Harborwitch - 05-04-2008

They are on my list of fun things to make - they just sound so good!