Cuisine at home Forums
Popcorn Bread Review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Popcorn Bread Review (/showthread.php?tid=56577)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - labradors - 05-08-2008

Funny: I had originally copied this from that "Inn" cookbook, because I thought it was an interesting novelty. Considering the reviews, so far, it appears it is much more than just a curiosity. I hope to do this on Saturday, and can't wait to see what it is like.

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - Mare749 - 05-08-2008

My hubbie wants me to make this again! The leftovers are great toasted. I like Sharon's idea for making hamburger buns, so next time I'll make a full recipe so I can try that along with making a loaf.

Labs, I hope you do get to try this, it's quite tasty.

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - Harborwitch - 05-09-2008

We just cut the second loaf this morning. 3 loaves aren't going to last long around here. Thank you for posting this Labs!

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - cjs - 05-11-2008

Had to try this yesterday - oh my, it's as good as everyone is saying. I made three different sizes - one a large loaf, one a little smaller and then four burger size buns that I wish I'd put in a larger pan so they were bigger in diameter and not at high... oh well, I bet they will be good later today with the Pimiento Cheese Burger!!!

[Image: popcornbread.jpg]

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - Gourmet_Mom - 05-11-2008

I sooo wanted to try this today, but it's stormy here. We're also not going to get home until later this afternoon. We'll see.

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - labradors - 05-11-2008

Finally did this yesterday, and it was great! I just made the three loaves, as the recipe described, since I want to give two away as gifts to some friends. Next time, I'll try some size variations.

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - Mare749 - 05-11-2008

Jean, those look great! I love your idea of making burger buns, have to try that. So, would you flatten little rounds of dough and bake right away before they have a chance to rise so much?

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - Harborwitch - 05-11-2008

Those just look fabulous! Hmmmmmmmm (squinting at the photo) is that a bottle of Patron I see??

I'm going to make this again this week and do the burger buns, may even try to freeform some "hoagie" rolls. That dough is so wonderful to play with.

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - cjs - 05-11-2008

Yes, that would be an empty bottle of Patron....Roy, the rich man on the block ( ), just replaced it - had to take out a loan!!!

Yes, Maryann, I'm going to flatten them more and not let them rise - I also brushed them with truffle oil and salted the tops with truffle salt - we're having really upscale burgers today!!

Re: Popcorn Bread Review - Mare749 - 05-11-2008

Yummm-Yummm!!! Nothin' like a good burger.