Cuisine at home Forums
Last Call For Recipes - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Last Call For Recipes (/showthread.php?tid=57375)

Pages: 1 2

Last Call For Recipes - cjs - 05-19-2008

If anyone has been thinking they would like to send me a family favorite - would prefer the dishes that have been around a long time - and just have not gotten to it, please send them to me. I'm on the downhill side of this mountain and I'm finishing up.

Please send them via a p.m. and include your name so I can include it in the book also. And any family story that goes with the dish, if any. Thanks for all your help.

Re: Last Call For Recipes - Lorraine - 05-20-2008

I missed this one. Am I too late?

Re: Last Call For Recipes - cjs - 05-20-2008

Never! But I do have one or two of yours from Share a Recipe - but, if you have a special one, please let me know. (I just haven't contacted you to get your permission yet... )

Re: Last Call For Recipes - Harborwitch - 05-20-2008

This used to be a family emergency standby recipe. Mom knew that even I could fix this if she and Dad were going to be late home from work. I'm not sure if I've posted it here or not. It says 6-8 servings - HA!! Feeds 4 hungry people.

Sicilian Supper
Ingredients
1 lb Ground beef
1/2 cup Chopped onion
1 can Tomato paste (6 oz)
3/4 cup Water
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Garlic powder
-----------------------------------
1/2 cup Chopped green pepper
1 tbsp Margarine
1 pkg Cream cheese (8 oz), cubed
3/4 cup Milk
1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Salt
2 cups Noodles, cooked, drained (4 oz)
Preparation
1. Brown meat; drain.
2. Add onion; cook until tender. Stir in tomato paste, water and seasonings; simmer 5 minutes.
3. Saute green pepper in margarine. Add cream cheese and milk, stirring until cream cheese melts. Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and noodles.
4. In a 10x6 baking dish, arrange alternate crosswise rows of meat mixture and noodles.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Yields 6-8 servings.

Re: Last Call For Recipes - cjs - 05-20-2008

thanks Sharon!

Re: Last Call For Recipes - Harborwitch - 05-20-2008

Twas nothin'. You did inspire me to go through at least one of my old recipe boxes. I pulled out some things that I want to make - Mom and Grandmother's "quickie meals" and a few things that jogged my memory.

Re: Last Call For Recipes - cjs - 05-21-2008

Well then, it was doubly worth it!! How fun.

Re: Last Call For Recipes - Harborwitch - 05-21-2008

There were also a few things that I looked at and wondered why in the he!! I thought they sounded good. Gaaaack! There was some stuff in there . . . never mind, tossed those. But I pulled out about 8 or 9 cards that I must make. I even found 2 cards written by my first husband - and that was 51 years ago! I'll give them to Laurie.

I do think that a cherry rhubarb pie is in order for the weekend though!

Re: Last Call For Recipes - cjs - 05-21-2008

cherry and rhubarb??.....maybe one batch of rhubarb and raspberry jam will be made with cherry jello.......

Re: Last Call For Recipes - Harborwitch - 05-21-2008

Cherry Rhubarb Pie

4 cups cut up rhubarb
2 cups pitted pie cherries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca
5 drops red food coloring (Optional???)

Combine all ingredients well and let stand for 15 minutes.

Line a 9" pie plate with pastry and pour in filling. Top with a lattice crust. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.

I seem to remember eating this - must have been at Grandmothers - Granddad kept a rhubarb patch. Lots of happy memories of rhubarb.