Cuisine at home Forums
OT - Lactose Pills - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT - Lactose Pills (/showthread.php?tid=57757)

OT - Lactose Pills - DFen911 - 05-26-2008

Ok does any else use these over the counter pills to help with lactose intolerance? If you don't want others to know PM me.

I'm not sure, but I think I have a reaction to them. Still doing some experimenting. But, it appears that when I take them within 10 minutes I have such a burning sharp pain in my stomach that today I had to excuse myself from the table. However they do stop the problems I have when consuming lactose.

Now I'm not 100% sure yet. I plan to duplicate the event, and then do it again with a different brand and document similarties. Heck it took me 2 years to figure out that milk products were making me sick. I had no idea how many foods contain lactoes. Like some chips..yes potato chips.

Any ways just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks

Re: OT - Lactose Pills - cjs - 05-27-2008

I'm so lucky not to have any allergies/intolerance to any foods. This has to be so difficult to always have to check ingredients. Hope you get it resolved and your tummy will learn to tolerate some help!

Re: OT - Lactose Pills - Toni1948 - 06-06-2008

I'm lactose intolerant, too, and I use the Lactaid Tablets. I have not had a reaction. Been using them for five years now.

Re: OT - Lactose Pills - HomeCulinarian - 06-06-2008

Hi, Toni. Welcome to the forum.

Hubby has some trouble with lactose intolerance and uses soy milk for cereal and smoothies. He tried the pills and didn't think they were worth it. His problem isn't constant; sometimes cream sauces don't digest well, and other times it's not really a problem. I think with him it's more stress related than anything. My oldest daughter had problems as an infant with cows milk. Growing up, we avoided dairy if she had an illness, but the rest of the time she was fine. Now that she's an adult, it's back and she has to be careful again. She didn't like the pills either and decided instead to just avoid dairy.