Cuisine at home Forums
CORNfusion reigns - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: CORNfusion reigns (/showthread.php?tid=58023)

CORNfusion reigns - Harborwitch - 06-01-2008

Lets see should I have added this to Jean's rhubarb jam thread, or the grilling corn for Madmax thread???

Last night we were playing with our food - beef shishkabaskets, cheese stuffed sweet peppers wrapped in bacon, and corn on the cob. Corn on the cob, hmmmmmmm.

Just happened to have a small bowl with some of the rhubarb, raspberry, jalapeno jam in it (thank you so much Jean!!) Well I plopped about 3 tbs of butter in to about a half cup of the jam, sqeezed a half a lime into it, tossed in a 1/2 a tsp. of Ancho chili powder, and added some salt. When it was all melted together I started brushing the corn with it while it was on the grill.

I will only say that I could have eaten just the corn for dinner - if there had been more. OMG I think we'll have that again for dinner tonight. And maybe for lunch too.

Well off to the farmers' market to see if they have rhubarb, and nice sweet corn.

Re: CORNfusion reigns - cjs - 06-01-2008

wow, does that ever sound good!! duly copied Sharon! Hell, that would be good on some of my grilled catfish to go together!!!

Re: CORNfusion reigns - Mare749 - 06-01-2008

Wow, that sounds fantastic, Sharon! We don't usually husk our corn before grilling, but after reading this, I'll have to be trying it. Copied!

Re: CORNfusion reigns - Gourmet_Mom - 06-01-2008

Sounds interesting Sharon. Wonder how that concoction would be on sweet potatoes?

Re: CORNfusion reigns - DFen911 - 06-01-2008

Sharon...great flavors there! Oh on grilled zucchini too

Girl patent it, market it, label it and make your mark

Re: CORNfusion reigns - Harborwitch - 06-01-2008

Hmmmmmm. Giving this a thought - it was Jeans Rhubarb Raspberry Jalapeno jam so we'd have to share the glory! I'm thinking grilled chicken, shrimp, more and more corn. . . .

Re: CORNfusion reigns - DFen911 - 06-01-2008

Sharean (Sharon/Jean) Cuisine. Providing quality glazes for your grilled dishes.

Turn grilled corn in a gourmet meal! Tired of boring chicken? Well take out the 'bor' and keep the z'ing' with our glazes.

I want to be the marketing director for you haha

Re: CORNfusion reigns - Gourmet_Mom - 06-01-2008

Re: CORNfusion reigns - Harborwitch - 06-01-2008

You're hired! -

Re: CORNfusion reigns - cjs - 06-01-2008

OH GOD, I HATE MARKETING!!! It's all yours, Denise.