Cuisine at home Forums
Different Flavor - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Different Flavor (/showthread.php?tid=58144)

Different Flavor - bjcotton - 06-03-2008

The White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake has been so popular I was wondering about using limes instead of lemons. Ideas, criticisms, opinions? I'm in the process of making the original now.

Re: Different Flavor - mlucas1 - 06-03-2008

It sounds interesting Billy. I love lime (particularly Key Lime pie!). Please let us know what your results are

Re: Different Flavor - cjs - 06-03-2008

I can't think why it wouldn't work! test on, sweetie.

Re: Different Flavor - Harborwitch - 06-03-2008

I like ginger and lime together. I think it might be very very good.

Re: Different Flavor - bjcotton - 06-03-2008

Awright! They had Key limes at the store but I bought regular Persian limes, may try Key next time.

Well, the original is in the oven, be ready in about an hour. YUM!

YUM YUM!! The cake came out with a flaw in one section so I had to eat it

Re: Different Flavor - firechef - 06-03-2008

Glad you are playing with your food Billy. Do you think Escoffier just followed along with the crowd??? I am always tweeking and modifying once I have tried it the way it is "meant" to be made.

Re: Different Flavor - bjcotton - 06-05-2008

I generally play with a recipe too, but unfortunately I seldom write down HOW I played with it.

Re: Different Flavor - pjcooks - 06-05-2008

Quote:

I generally play with a recipe too, but unfortunately I seldom write down HOW I played with it.

Me, too, Billy, I never remember to take notes, 'cause I'm absolutely sure I'll remember what I did the next time.

Then I can't remember what recipe I used, or even where I filed it, the next time. There's this wonderful invention called the pencil...then I'll have to remember where I put one of those, too

PJ

Re: Different Flavor - Harborwitch - 06-05-2008

That's why I love my digital pen. Okay that's why I like the theory of the digital pen. I have to remember to take it in the kitchen with me - it sits in my purse, even goes to Curves with me but I can't remember to take it in the kitchen.

Re: Different Flavor - bjcotton - 06-05-2008

I gave mine to Fredia's daughter Paula. Otherwise it just sat here on the desk.