Cuisine at home Forums
And Old Movies - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: And Old Movies (/showthread.php?tid=58521)

And Old Movies - cjs - 06-13-2008

We watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest night before last - I loved that movie. A lot of old ones have been accessible lately - have taped Michael (John Travolta's movie that was filmed in our little town a few years ago), and a couple of others...

Gotta find World According to Garp - ready to watch that one again.

Re: And Old Movies - Gourmet_Mom - 06-13-2008

Wow! I've not seen that one in a long time. I LOVED Michael! Now Garp....hmmmmm

Re: And Old Movies - labradors - 06-13-2008

After having seen the latest Indiana Jones film, I thought about other movies with Harrison Ford, and one that I would like to see again, that is probably underrated, is Regarding Henry.

Cuckoo's Nest is a classic, and Garp was good, though not my favourite. John Revolta, however, you can keep.

Re: And Old Movies - farnfam - 06-13-2008

Some time you might like to watch Gene Hackman in "The Package" it's an interesting action one, perhaps a bit obscure
Cis
Empress for Life
Speaking of Jack Nicholson (Cuckoo's Nest) we just saw the Bucket List, it was pretty good.

Re: And Old Movies - labradors - 06-13-2008

Quote:

...Gene Hackman in "The Package"...

Hackman is always interesting. I think my favourite roles for him are the blind man in Young Frankenstein and with Will Smith in Enemy of the State.

Quote:

Speaking of Jack Nicholson (Cuckoo's Nest) we just saw the Bucket List, it was pretty good.

Yep. Enjoyed it. Certainly gives one an appreciation of normal coffee.

Re: And Old Movies - cjs - 06-16-2008

Watched Cider House Rules Saturday night - loved that movie, hadn't seen it before.

Watched Hairspray last night - how the heck did Travolta ever dance with all that 'filler' on him??? Fun music.

Re: And Old Movies - Gourmet_Mom - 06-16-2008

I read Cider House Rules years ago, but never saw the movie...I don't think?

I really want to watch Hairspray and Bucket List. My mother LOVED Bucket List.

Speaking of Harrison Ford (who I love), I watch Airforce One every time it comes on. I like a good action film sometimes! Plus, I'll watch anything with Ford in it. I agree that Regarding Henry was underrated.

Re: And Old Movies - bjcotton - 06-16-2008

Never heard of any of them, so haven't watched them. My TV is on maybe 2 hours a week if Paul isn't home. I like reading better. When Dancing With The Stars is on I watch it faithfully. Love how they improve during the contest. Some of the contestants surprise me at how the judges vote for them...mainly the basketball/football players. I was pleased at how far the deaf woman went and how she could catch the beat of the music.

Re: And Old Movies - Gourmet_Mom - 06-16-2008

I am a faithful watcher also Billy!!! I have withdrawls when it's over and I miss it months later. That's another one of those things I want to do...take ballroom dancing.