Cuisine at home Forums
Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust (/showthread.php?tid=58807)

Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust - Old Bay - 06-17-2008

We did this last nite and paired it with a very lightly oaked Aussie Chard. Lovely!

Nonstick vegie oil spray
3/4 C finely chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 C panko
2 T finely chopped fresh basil
2 T finely chopped fresh chives
6 8oz halibut fillets, each one inch thick
6 T melted butter
Lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 450. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Mix walnuts, panko and all herbs in a small bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush each fillet with a T of melted butter. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place fish on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with walnut mixture atop fish, dividing equally and pressing to adhere. Roast until just opaque in center--took us bout 12 minutes. You can finish in the broiler if more crispness is desired--we did not have to, in fact we covered it with a tent of foil for the last 4 minutes.
Serve with lemon wedges.

From an October '07 Bon Appetit.

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust - cjs - 06-17-2008

Hmmmm, doesn't this sound good - I've done the halibut with pecans and macadamias, but don't think I've tried the walnuts. Thanks Bill!

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust - pjcooks - 06-17-2008

So have I Jean, as a matter of fact, they're both on the catering menu. But walnuts is a new twist, one I'll be sure to try!

Thanks, Bill!

PJ

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust - Old Bay - 06-18-2008

I liked it because it was so simple--just the oven! Nothing on the stove first. Quick wonderful weekday dinner. We had it with a caprese salad--no other carbohydrates.

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust - Gourmet_Mom - 06-18-2008

I've used pecans and walnuts (only because I had the walnuts and no pecans) for a crust. The difference is I do a dijon, flour, egg, and nut crust. It's labor intensive, so I'll be interested in trying the more simple version. THANKS Bill!

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust - esgunn - 06-18-2008

I can't wait to try this. I am alergic to pecans, so another option is always welcome. Thanks for sharing!