Cuisine at home Forums
Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) (/showthread.php?tid=59695)

Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - cjs - 07-04-2008

Been a long time since I've thrown food away...but, we talked of this particular pizza (can't find the recipe tho) on a couple of threads - "Khachapuri - Greek Pizza" and "Ladenia (Greek Pizza)."

I made the dough a while back and just put in freezer. Used it last night for a Margharita pizza - well, kind of. Used a little basil, but a lot of fresh oregano and that was really good. The dough is just awful - it's tastes like some kind of a bisquick doughy bread thing. Yuck. We scraped off the topping and ate that and threw the base away.

Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - ktsrosie - 07-04-2008

Hi Everyone, This is my first post.Check out Kalofagas blog. Scroll down and there is a recipe and photo's for Ladenia. I haven't tried this recipe yet but have made other recipes from Kalofagas blog.
http://kalofagas.blogspot.com/

Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - cjs - 07-04-2008

7/29/07???? My goodness, where have you been for almost a year, ktsrosie??? Welcome!

I looked at the blog - the Greek 'pesto' sounds wonderful! - and the pizza dough is much more like my dough. What I made was just awful and looking at the ingredients again, I can see why.

4 cups self-rising flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups milk
olive oil for brushing

Does look like a bisquick dough, doesn't it?? I'm glad it's not a typical pizza dough from Greece.

Good looking recipes on the blog - thanks for posting the link.

Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - ktsrosie - 07-04-2008

Hi, Guess you can say I've been lurking on and off at this site. Bill (Old Bay) told me what a Great bunch you all are. The milk and self rising flour does make it sound like bisquick. Will be stopping in here more frequently. Have a Happy Fourth.

Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - labradors - 07-04-2008

Welcome, Rosie. Thanks for the link. I've searched through the blog, and have bookmarked the recipe for Pastitsio. Can't wait to try it. Where I live, they sell bucatini, but the package says macarron. Ever since I noticed that they have it, I've wanted to make Pastitsio. I'll have to give it a try soon.

Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - Gourmet_Mom - 07-04-2008

Yes, welcome Rosie! Please come back often!

I liked the sight also. Later I want to go back and explore more! The only thing I like better than Greek food is Italian...YUM! Thanks for sharing!

Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - Old Bay - 07-05-2008

So glad you took that step!!! You will enjoy this bunch--I have for years.

Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) - ktsrosie - 07-05-2008

Thank you all for the warm welcome. And hello to Bill and Jane.