Cuisine at home Forums
Heading Home - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Heading Home (/showthread.php?tid=59845)

Heading Home - bjcotton - 07-08-2008

I decided yesterday that I would leave about 10:00 AM today for home. It's supposed to be 107°F today and 108°+F tomorrow, plus the smoke from the Calif. fires is terrible and getting worse here. I don't want to take the chance that the Interstate will be blocked by fire/smoke, plus they are supposed to start "repairing" the freeway through this area shortly. I've never driven on a worse surface...unless it's dirt. Potholes, etc, it's just awful. Anyway, I'll be off just after rush hours.

Re: Heading Home - cjs - 07-08-2008

"I've never driven on a worse surface...unless it's dirt." ...and to hear my mother tell the story, "It's all that a$$ Jerry Brown's fault!" My mother can hold a grudge longer than anyone I've ever seen.

safe trip!

Re: Heading Home - pjcooks - 07-08-2008

Safe journeys, Billy, see you when you get home!

PJ

Re: Heading Home - Harborwitch - 07-08-2008

Gee, it's quiet around here . . . we miss him already! I have no one to play with in the kitchen!

Re: Heading Home - Old Bay - 07-08-2008

He's complaining--that's a good sign. Welcome back, Billy! My dad used to say with mudslides, fires, earthquakes, and storms,--can we afford California?

Re: Heading Home - Lorraine - 07-08-2008

Safe travels, Billy.

I just got a call from him - he's home safe! It's so quiet around here and there's nothing going on in the kitchen (oh, it's too freakin' hot! That's why he left!).

Re: Heading Home - Old Bay - 07-08-2008

Quote:

I just got a call from him - he's home safe! It's so quiet around here and there's nothing going on in the kitchen (oh, it's too freakin' hot! That's why he left!).

Hey, fix a margarita--I'll join you--cool,smooth, lethal--see you tomorrow. My best, Bill

A Margarita sounds good! Hmmmm Cadillac Margarita!! Come on over!

Re: Heading Home - bjcotton - 07-08-2008

I'm home! I miss Bob and Sharon too...I told them they should have come with me, it's only 85.7°F here now. I put my pizza stone in the oven, preheated it and put a p'zone from Pizza Hut in to heat. It's only a week old, so it should still be good