Cuisine at home Forums
Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review (/showthread.php?tid=59874)

Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review - cjs - 07-09-2008

Spice-Grilled halibut in Spanish Shrimp Sauce from the Weeknight Grilling Book (C@H) - well, we were certainly under-whelmed. darn, what a waste of the last of my prawns in the freezer....

[Image: SpanishHalibut.jpg]

I had high hopes for it as I plated it, but twas not to be - just a bland really nothing. *sigh*

Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review - bjcotton - 07-09-2008

I'm sorry Jean! Sure looks good though!

Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review - Gourmet_Mom - 07-09-2008

Yup, looks good! Don't you hate to loose such a precious ingredient? Oh well...it's not like all the rest of us haven't been there before at one time or another.

Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review - pjcooks - 07-09-2008

I'm glad you review the disappointments, as well as the successes, Jean. I tend to overlook the recipes that don't work, certain I've done something wrong, not even thinking the recipe may not be the best.

I guess it's a good thing we don't have a thread named "Recipes Gone Wrong"

PJ

Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review - Roxanne 21 - 07-10-2008

Just a quick note on this one----there is another recipe VERY similar to this one in Issue 55 that I have made a few times and is absolutely delicious!!!! I compared both recipes and, even though they are pretty similar, the small changes make a very dramatic difference in the end result!

We enjoy the Issue 55 recipe----I see why the "Weeknight Grilling" would be a bit of a disappointment. There is a lack of the essential taste ingredients......

Sorry you were disappointed with this Jean---maybe you will try #55 sometime-------

Did you use Halibut? I do not have access to that here and used Kingklip---similar in taste and texture.

Will chat later!!!

Roxanne

Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review - cjs - 07-11-2008

Yes, I used one of my precious pkgs. of halibut....

Will look at the other version, thanks Roxanne