Cuisine at home Forums
ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? (/showthread.php?tid=60492)

ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - HMin - 07-19-2008

Hi All.

Hoping someone with annual indexes can help me out - I'm looking for two recipes which I believe are both from CAH, though I may be wrong about one.

I want to do what I call investment cooking and make a couple of dishes to put in the freezer this weekend, but having trouble locating in which issues the recipes are included. I tried the search feature on the board but it only goes back two years and I think these are from previous issues.

I am looking for a French Onion Salisbury Steak recipe and a Turkey (or Chicken) Tetrazzini recipe. Seems I can't even find my annual indexes to check those, and I tried flipping through each issue but am finding that the recipe indexes are not in the same place in each issue and I gave up in the hope that someone can help me out quicker than I can go through five years of back issues.

Thanks!

Re: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - HMin - 07-19-2008

oops....just found the Tetrazzini recipe I was looking for, it is a Chicken Tetrazzini recipe from Giada de Laurentis.

Still would like to find the other one which I KNOW was in a CAH issue.

Thanks again.

Re: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - cjs - 07-19-2008

(Cuisine at home, April 2005, Issue 50, p. 32)

that looks good!

Re: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - HMin - 07-19-2008

Thanks!!! We really like the dish, though if I remember correctly it is rather time consuming and why I make and freeze it for later meals

Now, guess which issue is missing out of the middle of my three ring binder...? I think I know where it is, just have to wait for my roommate to decide it is time to get out of bed before I can go get the issue. Thanks again!

Re: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - Dismc - 07-19-2008

In the future, when you are looking for a recipe, go to our own Lab's website, Cookingtheworld.com. He has all the recipes listed and you can search them quite easily. Such a timesaver.

Re: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-19-2008

Oh Jean...that SOUNDS good. Could you post the recipe? It sounds like something my crowd would really like.

Re: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - Trixxee - 07-19-2008

Here's the recipe.

http://llcskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/04/french-onion-salisbury-steak.html

Thanks Trixxee! YUM!

Re: ISO CAH Recipes...which issues?? - Trixxee - 07-19-2008

You're welcome! I think this was the very first recipe I made out of my free preview issue of C@H. It's very good.

Thanks to you guys and my pasta project next week, I think I've got my menu planned for next week...including the NY Cheesecake!