Cuisine at home Forums
Cookie Biscotti Sticks - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cookie Biscotti Sticks (/showthread.php?tid=60576)

Cookie Biscotti Sticks - cjs - 07-20-2008

Oh boy, were these a hit at the party last night! Between the party and neighbors this is what was left for this morning's coffee....
[Image: biscottisticks.jpg]

They are great with coffee and with wine last night - can't tell you what kind, there were 3 or 4 open.

Cookie Biscotti Sticks
Southern Living Christmas book, ‘07

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate morsels (I used bittersweet)
1 cup butterscotch morsels
2 T. shortening
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts

Stir together sugar, butter & corn syrup in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla.
Gently stir in oats. Press into bottom of an ungreased 13X9” pan lined with aluminum foil.
Bake at 375 F. for 20-22 minutes or until browned.

Melt together chocolate and butterscotch morsels and shortening in a saucepan over med. heat, stirring until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Spread over baked cookie crust; sprinkle with peanuts.

Let cool in pan on a wire rack 20 min. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or till firm. (or pop them in the freezer for speed cooling. Just be sure to let them stand 5 min at room temperature before cutting.)

Lift uncut cookies out of pan using foil as handles. Cut crosswise into approximately 1” thick sticks using a large chef’s knife.
Wrap in cellophane bags or plastic wrap for gift giving.
-------

I never have creamy peanut butter, so used super chunky. Good thing those were the only two left in the house...

Re: Cookie Biscotti Sticks - Mare749 - 07-20-2008

My family would love these. Thanks for posting the recipe. They look like toffee. Yummm...

Re: Cookie Biscotti Sticks - HomeCulinarian - 07-20-2008

This looks like a winner! Copied to MC.

Re: Cookie Biscotti Sticks - Gourmet_Mom - 07-20-2008

Looks like another winner! Is it as good as the "Yum" cake? If it's anything like that in flavor, but with a crunch, I'm in trouble! (Just looked back and it has butterscotch morsels too...a toffee twist? OMG) But now that I have a new audience for my "bad for you stuff" (the kids at the grocery store), I will be able to test drive more of this kind of thing without getting too big to get through the door.