Cuisine at home Forums
Bill's Bloody Bulls - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Bill's Bloody Bulls (/showthread.php?tid=61556)

Bill's Bloody Bulls - Old Bay - 08-03-2008

Next to a dry gin martini, the bloody bull is the great American cocktail--

Juice of 2 large lemons
3 T Louisiana hot sauce, such as Crystal, Tabasco
3 T Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce
1 -10&1/2 oz can Campbells double rich beef broth (yes, the brand is important)
2 cans (see above, use the empty can) vodka
1 t celery salt
1 t cayenne pepper
1 -32 oz bottle Tabasco, mildly seasoned bloody mary mix

Stir well, serve over ice, garnish with celery stalks,Pickled aspasagus, pickled okra,pickled green beans, olives--
Good Morning at brunch!!

Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls - labradors - 08-03-2008

Quote:

... beef broth...

When I saw the title, I thought this was going to include Red Bull. Now I see the significance of the name. LOL!
Quote:

Pickled aspasagus, pickled okra,pickled green beans

By the time you're done with this, YOU will be pickled - no need for the other accompaniments to be so, as well. LOL!

Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls - cjs - 08-03-2008

Sounds very good - sorry I saw this too late for this Sunday's brunch, altho we do make good ones. copied

Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls - Gourmet_Mom - 08-03-2008

I'll be copying also. A while back, we had Bloody Mary's on a regular basis. Our favorite condiment was a dill pickle. People thought we were crazy...LOL! But made with Clamato juice as apposed to tomato, it worked.

May be time to get back into these. I've also got a friend that loves a good one, so I'll be sharing with him also.

Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls - Harborwitch - 08-03-2008

I had to read this for the fourth time, printed on paper to finally get that it was NOT 1 32 oz bottle of Tabasco sauce. Whooooooeeeeee! Whoever could drink that would be a truly brave bull! I think I'd best leave the drink making to Bob and Jennifer!

Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls - Old Bay - 08-03-2008

Quote:

I had to read this for the fourth time, printed on paper to finally get that it was NOT 1 32 oz bottle of Tabasco sauce. Whooooooeeeeee! Whoever could drink that would be a truly brave bull! I think I'd best leave the drink making to Bob and Jennifer!

I am soooo sorry--that could be misleading--no- it's quite good if you use a 32 oz bottle of bloody mary mix!!!--I did drink a shot glass of tabasco in College, on a dare--very unpleasant and also the next day!!
Where are you landlocked??

Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls - Harborwitch - 08-03-2008

That's okay Bill. Only someone who actually buys Tabasco by the quart . . . !

We are most fortunate to be landlocked in the "Foreclosure Capital of the US", Stockton, CA. I hate not being close enough to water to see it - let alone live on it. Grrrr.

I can remember a friend who didn't like the fact that I took her picture. She decided that doctoring my beer with a "collar" of juice off of habanero peppers while I was in the bathroom would be appropriate retribution.

Yiiiiiiyiiiiioooooooooooooh! Her husband brought me a new beer. It took about 15 minutes to get to the point that I wanted MORE!! Lord love a duck! I'm crazy.

Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls - Gourmet_Mom - 08-03-2008

You know Sharon, I'm feeling quite DOY myself. I never even noticed there was no tomato juice in it. DUH! I read it to mean one ounce of tabasco to 32 ounces....LOL! I figured for the adventurous drinker! OH MY! I went back and fixed it on MC....LOL! That would have been one messed up cocktail!