Cuisine at home Forums
Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner???? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner???? (/showthread.php?tid=61672)

Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner???? - cjs - 08-04-2008

...and what will it be, lady? Anxious to see what you choose.

Re: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner???? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-04-2008

Gosh, there are sooo many choices! I'm glad it's not me...LOL!

Re: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner???? - cjs - 08-04-2008

hmmmmmm, February....better start thinking

Re: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner? - Harborwitch - 08-04-2008

This was tough! Jennifer and I picked out a lovely menu and then discovered that it had been done before - last August!

Sooooooo: From Cuisine For Two - Turkey Pozole with mini Cheddar Corn Muffins. It's healthy, quick, and Pozole is one of our favorites. With all the garnish there's almost a salad.

For dessert - SIN!!!! Coconut Cream Fried Pies. This has been driving me up the walls since this issue arrived. I think maybe a mango sauce would be nice with them so I'll play with that. When does everyone want to review the dinner???

Re: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-04-2008

HMMMM, since I've never had pozole, this ought to be interesting. We LOVE cornbread style ANYTHING around here! I may have to bend the rules and make your fried pies, but with blueberries instead! Mine will be even more sinful, because I will HAVE to make ice cream to go with them...LOL! I've been wanting to make these things since I got the issue!

Which reminds me, I was supposed to go pick up some blueberries from a friend from church 2 hours ago!!!! ARGGGG!!!!!!!

Re: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner? - chef_Tab - 08-04-2008

Is this an "anyone can join" in thing? Does it mean that Sharon is having a birthday soon and is this different from the other dinner reviews? Sorry, I am confused. Maybe it is just a case of the Mondays.

They're always open to anybody, and usually the person with the closest birthday gets to pick. In Sharon's case, I'm thinking she "schlepped" off back in April. If I remember correctly she was really busy with a wedding?

Edited to fix....April is Sharon's "anniversary" date here...LOL! I guess her birthday is next! OOOPS! Sorry Sharon!

Re: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner? - Harborwitch - 08-04-2008

Yeah, August is the month and all I'll say is that there's a zero involved! Aaaaaack

Theresa everyone is welcome to join in the dinner reviews - whether they are birthday, anniversary, or just plain ol' dinners for review.

Darn it Daphne - now you've got me thinkin'! Blueberry fried pies and Jean's Lemon Luscious Ice cream!!! Ooooooh! Naw, coconut craving going on.

DANG IT SHARON! I was thinking just plain ol' vanilla until you brought that up! MAN! (Since I'm in the don't care for coconut camp, the choice was easy on the pies.)

I was hoping to get a new machine or attachment for my KA...Any opinions about that would be appreciated, BTW!

Re: Sharon!! Next B'day Girl - Next Review Dinner? - bjcotton - 08-04-2008

Isn't there a "six" involved too Sharon? I haven't fully participated in a dinner in so long it's rediculous. 'Course I probably won't be up to making this one either. Oh well.......