Cuisine at home Forums
Soups, Stews & Chilies book - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Soups, Stews & Chilies book (/showthread.php?tid=61909)

Soups, Stews & Chilies book - piano226 - 08-07-2008

Hi,

I am a bit confused...a few of you mentioned this book but it is not even on cuisine at home website yet. Have I missed something? I would like to get the book.

Thanks

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - cjs - 08-07-2008

I wasn't able to find it either on the site, but I did find it in a kitchen store.

Is this something we should/could hit the moderator button for??? I'm thinking yes -

Moderator, if you disagree, sorry but there is some info we just really need!!!

(hit the button, so we'll see what happens....)

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - carloscooks - 08-07-2008

Hi, thanks for pointing that out. Our latest book, "Soups, Stews, and Chilies," should have been available online already. We'll get it up ASAP.

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - Gourmet_Mom - 08-07-2008

TADA! WAY TO GO JEAN!!!

Thanks Carlos!

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - Lorraine - 08-07-2008

Thanks, Carlos. They make great Christmas gifts.

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - cjs - 08-07-2008

My thanks also, Carlos!!

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - Trixxee - 08-07-2008

Yes - thank you Carlos!

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - Brian - 08-08-2008

Hi All,

Thought I'd explain this so you all know what's going on.....

All of our products are tied very tightly to a schedule. From concept through delivery, everything is tied to a date. Our SIBs (Special Interest Books) are actually delivered to two distinct groups of people....there are the newsstand buyers and our subscribers/e-recipe members. Each group of people is handled completely differently in terms of the schedule.

Generally speaking, we always want our books to be available to our subscribers first and that usually happens. But sometimes, the schedule requires that a book go on-sale on the newsstand BEFORE it's available to our subscribers.

Soups, Stews, & Chilies (our latest SIB) is one of the rare cases where the book went on sale on the newsstand BEFORE being available to purchase online. This book was on sale on the newsstand on 8/5/2008 and the book is scheduled to be online and available to subscribers on 8/15/2008 (although it may go live today).

Anyway, it may seem strange, but trust me....there is ALOT that goes into how these books are scheduled to go out. If you're interested in this book, you'll be able to buy it online on the 15th of August....maybe sooner. I've got my copy, and I can tell you that it's awesome! I've already made 2 of the soups. Thanks.

Brian

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - Gourmet_Mom - 08-08-2008

The mysterious world of marketing! Thanks again Brian! I'll be waiting anxiouxly!

Re: Soups, Stews & Chilies book - cjs - 08-08-2008

(don't tell anyone, but I bought mine August 1st!!)

It is a great book!