Cuisine at home Forums
Salamander - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Salamander (/showthread.php?tid=62912)

Salamander - DFen911 - 08-17-2008

Does anyone have one of these for home? Lol here I am complaining about a toaster oven taking up counter space but considering one of these.

I saw one offered by Blue Star. Would like to know if anyone has one and their thoughts on them.

Re: Salamander - Gourmet_Mom - 08-17-2008

Only that I would love to have one some day. I think either Laura's or Jean's renovations included one. I may be both. I see it being more versitle than a toaster oven....hehehehe! Does that justify giving up the counter space...LOL!?!?

Re: Salamander - DFen911 - 08-17-2008

I totally agree Daphne Here is the one I was looking at.

Salamander

Re: Salamander - Lorraine - 08-17-2008

Denise, I'd give up my first born (if I had one) for a salamander. Skip the toaster oven.

Re: Salamander - labradors - 08-17-2008

No salamanders here - only geckos and iguanas.

Re: Salamander - Old Bay - 08-17-2008

Quote:

Does anyone have one of these for home? Lol here I am complaining about a toaster oven taking up counter space but considering one of these.

I saw one offered by Blue Star. Would like to know if anyone has one and their thoughts on them.

I wanted one in our new house, but the insulation would take more room than we could afford to give up--these things are hot!! Be sure you can handle it --how long it takes to heat and cool down--what does it sit on, how heavy is it, how much storage space does it take? I would love to know those answers. There wasn't a countertop available at that time.

Re: Salamander - firechef - 08-17-2008

I've only worked with the commercial ones but would trade Lorraine's first born (if she had one) for one as well.

Sorry Lorraine I am not giving up my Kambree for ANYTHING!

Re: Salamander - Gourmet_Mom - 08-18-2008

To be honest, though, I'd take Bill's outdoor oven over the salamdar...but I'd LOVE to have both!

Lorraine, if you were to have a first born, I'd plan on winning the lottery instead of getting a salamander....

Re: Salamander - cjs - 08-18-2008

OH piddle!!! I'm in trouble now!!! Just printed all the poop on this and I WILL HAVE IT! darn Denise, you'd better hope you and Roy Rogers never meet.

Re: Salamander - Corinne - 08-18-2008

Quote:

No salamanders here - only geckos and iguanas.

Lol, these are the only ones that I have ever heard of.