Cuisine at home Forums
BJ's Cuisine du Jour - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: BJ's Cuisine du Jour (/showthread.php?tid=63079)

BJ's Cuisine du Jour - bjcotton - 08-19-2008

I'd started talking to some of my friends and family about maybe cooking for them in their homes, nothing really fancy or complicated, but complete meals and the idea jelled yesterday. I have been invited to do just that. At what cost I'm not sure yet, but I told Sharon the name of the business [I just came up with it yesterday] when I signed up for PlatedOnLine: It's to be called "BJ's Cuisine du Jour." I served my first meal yesterday to my friend John [gratis] to see what he thought. He has severe kidney disease and he hadn't eaten anything much for 2 days. I made the Spiced Peach Marinated Chicken, etc., and served it at his house. He just went balmy over the whole thing.

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - cjs - 08-19-2008

that's fantastic, Billy!! And you'll be able to cook your little heart out and have someone(s) enjoy and eat it! Have you decided if you will charge flat rate or fee + groceries?? And we're all here - especially Sharon, Denise and me who have done this work - to help in any way we can.

(Roy says "Good for HIM!!" )

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - bjcotton - 08-19-2008

I was thinking it would be groceries & fee, depending on what all was involved. Don't really know yet. I've been playing with a "menu" type thingie with specialties in the "Southern" home cooking style of comfort food. Then any specialty dish or specialty desserts as extra.

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - chef_Tab - 08-19-2008

I do wish I lived closer to you so that I could hire you on the days I work! How kind of you to cook for John. Sounds like he needed some help. You will most likely become busier than you want to be! Do you plan to bring the food already cooked, or would you be doing the actual cooking at the homes? Who has to do the dishes? haha

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - Harborwitch - 08-19-2008

I'm proud of you Sweetie! That's absolutely perfect for you. It's a great way to satisfy your urge to cook.

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - Corinne - 08-19-2008

That certainly seems like a very generous offer to me! The friends and family would have wonderful meals and it sounds like you'd not only have a great time doing it, but would earn a little income, too.

Don't do dishes!

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - cjs - 08-19-2008

Oh Cory, that goes along with the job, sadly.

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - chef_Tab - 08-19-2008

I might consider a discount if I didn't have to do dishes!

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - labradors - 08-19-2008

Sounds cool!

What is "platedonline"? Google couldn't help.

Re: BJ's Cuisine du Jour - Gourmet_Mom - 08-19-2008

Billy, I am so proud of your initiative! What a great endeavor! I can't wait to hear how you get it all worked out...menu, pricing...EVERYTHING!