Cuisine at home Forums
What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday (/showthread.php?tid=63082)

What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - cjs - 08-19-2008

We are having two gentlemen for dinner (one's wife is in the hospital and the other's is in a convalescent home), so I'm making the pizza soup and Cheesy (not the best name in the world ) garlic bread that someone reviewed the other day. AND, someone, (cis?) wanted the recipes posted - I'll post them tomorrow a.m. for you. It sure smells good!

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - chef_Tab - 08-19-2008

I am so intrigued by these soup recipes, but cannot seem to get in the mood for soup just yet. It is still fairly warm here. I bought the book and have skimmed through it and as soon as it feels more like fall, I will take action! For tonight I am going to make stuffed peppers. I found gorgeous peppers at the farmers market today. I decided to make the filling using the recipe from the meatloaf muffins because they were that good. I will sub turkey for the beef and add mushrooms to the mix. I also picked up corn on the cob to have as a side. Can't wait to hear about the pizza soup, that sounds so delicious.

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - Old Bay - 08-19-2008

We're going out with another couple for raw oysters, martinis, and other maritime delectables.

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - cjs - 08-19-2008

I wanna go with Bill & Jane.......but, we are having a very nice Syrah to go with the soup and bread - Bergevin Lane vineyard in the Walla Walla valley, an '06.

Tab, if I were still in California, the soup book would probably still be on the shelf - but, you'll sure have an idea of what you wan to make when it starts cooling down.

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - Trixxee - 08-19-2008

I changed my mind to meatball subs.

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - HomeCulinarian - 08-19-2008

We were out of town for the weekend, got back on Monday and didn't do my usual menu planning and shopping for the week, so I am working out of the freezer and garden. I found a South American shrimp pilaf to try for tonight in my Latin cookbook.

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - bjcotton - 08-19-2008

Quiznos Prime Rib Cheese sub. Large, thank you very much, supper and breakfast.

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - Gourmet_Mom - 08-19-2008

Well, I'm confused...I already did this....LOL!

We're having spaghetti with garlic bread and fresh salad. (I didn't get to look at my magazines today...trying to catch up with coworkers during the few workdays we've been designated.)

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - pjcooks - 08-19-2008

Throwing some of that linguica on the grill, baby peas and sweet corn from the farm out back. No potatoes lately, for some reason. Laziness, I guess

It's cool enough here for that soup, Jean, the slow descent into Fall has arrived.

PJ

Re: What's For dinner Tonight -Tuesday - Harborwitch - 08-19-2008

It's been perfect all day - mid 80's so we're going to BBQ a pork loin and more than likely grill a chicken breast for Jennifer. Haven't a clue about the rest.