Cuisine at home Forums
I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! (/showthread.php?tid=63284)

I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - luvnit - 08-21-2008

Okay, my kitchen in finally done. Well, there's a few finishing touches in the works, but we are back in business.

Here is a photo of the completed project for anyone interested. It's been 3 months in the works, but I think it's all been worth it.

[Image: DSC02462.jpg]

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - esgunn - 08-21-2008

Oh my Laura! It is beautiful! What a wonderful job!

So, what was the first thing you made?
Welcome back! We have missed you.

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - luvnit - 08-21-2008

Honestly, the first thing I made was a can of Campbell's soup for the kids. Funny huh? But I don't really count that as 'cooking' it's more like 'reheating' right?

So my first 'real' meal was a braised chicken with asparagus tips. It doesn't sound exciting, but it was really good. I was able to chop and sear and make a roux. The house smelled of lovely 'chicken in a pot' kind of food.

I did make a breakfast on the grill. That was fun, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc.

I just found all my pots and pans on Sunday. They had been packed away for some time and we just couldn't locate the box. Now I am set for fall cooking! Bring it on!

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - Trixxee - 08-21-2008

Oh.my.gosh! Stunning, absolutely stunning! I'd definitely say it was worth the wait though I'm sure those three months seemed like an eternity.

Love your red Le Creuset.

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - luvnit - 08-21-2008

Thank you, thank you. You are so sweet.

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - Dismc - 08-21-2008

Really, really beautiful!

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - bjcotton - 08-21-2008

Oh my word Laura! It is stunning! Did you move a cot in there so you could stroke your new "stuff" whilst you dreamt of cooking? I think that is almost exactly the stove we cooked on in the restaurant in Colorado several years ago. It is breath-taking!

I am going to save that picture so I can drool.

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - Harborwitch - 08-21-2008

Laura I am going to go sit in a corner and turn absolutely green with envy - That is beautiful; and not a sink in sight - must mean the dishes and pots and pans are cleaned by magic??? You certainly deserve this magnificent place to play!!!

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - Lorraine - 08-21-2008

OMG, it's gorgeous! You did a fabulous job on it! I don't think I'll be posting any pics of mine .

You know, it doesn't matter what you cook in it, canned soup is cool, it's how you feel when you're in there!

Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! - Trixxee - 08-21-2008

Where is the sink?