Cuisine at home Forums
ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes (/showthread.php?tid=63715)

ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - DFen911 - 08-26-2008

My daughter had these at a fancy hotel and was ranting and raving about them. Then I talked to a couple of parents who were at the same event and they loved them too.

Anyone by chance have a tried and true recipe? The ones I find on the internet are either garlic or white chocolate, but can't find one with both.

Thanks

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - HomeCulinarian - 08-26-2008

I can't imagine the subtle white chocolate flavor would come through over garlic! I'd be curious to try this one myself if someone posts a recipe.

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - DFen911 - 08-26-2008

Apparently the white chocolate is used in lieu of butter. I wish I had tasted them so I would know

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - chef_Tab - 08-26-2008

Ha! I read this thinking it was some kind of joke! But I am game trying it as well. Surely Jean has this recipe. She seems to be able to pull any recipe out of thin air. How do you do that Jean? We are not worthy!

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - Gourmet_Mom - 08-26-2008

I'm game, too! Wonder if you could swap equal amounts of chocolate to butter?

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - cjs - 08-26-2008

Oh my doesn't that sound wonderful!!! I'm joining in the search and experimenting for this.

"How do you do that Jean?" - because I'm so damned old!!

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - Gourmet_Mom - 08-26-2008

Quote:

"How do you do that Jean?" - because I'm so damned old!!

I wasn't going to say it....HE HE HE!

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - chef_Tab - 08-26-2008

Yes, Jean, you are the Obi-won Kanobi of our forum. Maybe you want to try that instead of "needs to get out more"! I must say, I admire your moxy. Who doesn't love a sassy woman? Speaking of which, where's Sharon?!

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - cjs - 08-26-2008

out sassing Stocktonites, probably...

Re: ISO - White chocolate, garlic mashed potatoes - Harborwitch - 08-26-2008

He!! no! Just taking care of paying some bills and getting ready to go make mole. (Psssst, you don't sass stocktonites - liable to get shot!) Oh, and plotting the next smoking session.