Cuisine at home Forums
New Cookbook - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New Cookbook (/showthread.php?tid=64067)

New Cookbook - bjcotton - 08-31-2008

I was at the bookstore browsing for something to read and the owner hollered at me that she had a lot of new cookbooks in. So I mosied over and had a look see. There he was right on top staring at me: Rick Bayless's "Mexican Kitchen" which won The Julia Child Cookbook Awards "Book of the Year." For eight bucks whacha gonna do? Haven't had a chance to peruse yet, but I certainly will tomorrow.

Re: New Cookbook - Mare749 - 08-31-2008

Sounds like a great find to me, Billy! I love to watch him cook. Very talented chef. Since I don't cook Mexican food, that might be a good place for me to start learning. I'll have to check it out.

Re: New Cookbook - cjs - 08-31-2008

Wonderful find, Billy - I think that's the one of his I have also.

Re: New Cookbook - bjcotton - 08-31-2008

I used to have another of his books and never used it so I gave it to Lorraine. I like this one so far. Sat up til 1:30 reading it. Love his descriptions of mole in there.

Re: New Cookbook - Lorraine - 08-31-2008

" so I gave it to Lorraine "

Yes, and it's packed in the next box to be sent to VA.

Re: New Cookbook - Harborwitch - 08-31-2008

Billy does he mention how to get it off the cupboards???

I have that cookbook - in fact I have all of his and we dearly love them. We watch him on PBS whenever we can too.

Re: New Cookbook - Old Bay - 08-31-2008

Good buy, Billy. I don't have any of his--I should. He is an historian and even takes his staff from both resteraunts to Mexico for two weeks every year to experience the real thing! I saw a show on his trip to Vera Cruz--I want to go there!!!

Re: New Cookbook - firechef - 09-01-2008

That is a GREAT book Billy. I have that one autographed and personalized sitting on the bookshelf for all the world to see. I love a bunch of the recipes in it as well. Glad you got it on the cheap my friend.