Cuisine at home Forums
Smoked beans for Billy - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Smoked beans for Billy (/showthread.php?tid=64163)

Smoked beans for Billy - Harborwitch - 09-01-2008

Smoke Pinto Beans

4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled reserve 3 tbs drippings
1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
1 large clove garlic minced
1 smoked, roasted red pepper, diced
3/4 c. catsup
1 1 lb. 14 oz. can pinto beans with juice
2 TBS Ribbon cane syrup (or molasses)
1 tsp ancho chili powder
1 TBS Chipotle Tabasco
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
salt and pepper to taste.

In the bacon drippings sweat the onion and garlic until they just begin to soften. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine well. Simmer until they are hot.

Pour the hot beans into a pyrex dish and place in the smoker at 225 degrees for 2 hours. Slurp them up and enjoy.

I think we'll have beef ribs and smoked beans for breakfast!

Re: Smoked beans for Billy - - 09-01-2008

These look too good!! We have never done beans in the smoker - thanks for this one -

Re: Smoked beans for Billy - firechef - 09-01-2008

I know a guy that "bakes" a vanilla cake in a smoker with peach wood for the fire. Takes a lot of vanilla to overcome the smoke but it is a very unique flavour when all is said and done. I'll try to get him to come off the recipe since we are family and all.

Re: Smoked beans for Billy - Harborwitch - 09-01-2008

Could be good! I need to go talk to a friend who has peach and almond orchards. Need tree trimmings.

Re: Smoked beans for Billy - bjcotton - 09-01-2008

Thank you Sharon my love. The biggest problem I was finding was that all the recipes called for "canned" beans. As you know, I would rather make my own and was thinking that I could cook them from start to finish in the smoker. Guess that was MY problem. Thank you Darling!

Re: Smoked beans for Billy - cjs - 09-01-2008

And don't forget you can smoke any favorite baked bean recipe

Here ya go Sweetie - feast your eyes on this.

Well here they are from start to finish!
[Image: 2817890087_9963f06cd5_s.jpg] [Image: 2818735174_43b9a8bfeb_s.jpg] [Image: 2817887245_dc8793f394_s.jpg]

Re: Smoked beans for Billy - firechef - 09-01-2008

Looks yummy to me Sharon. We'll be over for the left overs in a few minutes...

Well there'll be piggy too in a while. This house smells like heaven - smokey yummy smokey.

Re: Smoked beans for Billy - Old Bay - 09-01-2008

Quote:

Well there'll be piggy too in a while. This house smells like heaven - smokey yummy smokey.

Girl, that's the best sounding baked beans I've ever heard of!! That is copied and saved!! By the way I've never tasted a baked bean I liked!! I may reconsider. These get a try--I wish I could taste the post--