Cuisine at home Forums
A "new" toy! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: A "new" toy! (/showthread.php?tid=65273)

A "new" toy! - mlucas1 - 09-19-2008

the reason new is in quotations is because this isn't new to my household but today is the first time I've actually used it. Here is what I'm referring to: http://www.breadbeckers.com/electrolux_assistent.htm

My husband bought this for me a couple of years ago and I never thought to use it until today when I was making dough for calzones (that will be another post). We didn't pay the price that it is listed for on that website. Mark saw it in an ad for a local discount store for $50!!

Now I'm thinking about all the stuff that I'm going to make with it! lol

Re: A "new" toy! - Mare749 - 09-19-2008

You've had this wonderful toy for a few years???!!! Well, if you ever get tired of it, I can tell you where to send it, Meg. What a cool machine. Too bad the attachments are so expensive. Did it come with any?

Re: A "new" toy! - mlucas1 - 09-19-2008

I have the dough hook that came with it. Which, according to the user manual, I won't need unless I am using 12 cups of flour or more!

Re: A "new" toy! - Gourmet_Mom - 09-19-2008

I can't believe you've been letting it languish for 2 years! I get a new toy and I'll event a meal to use it! I can't wait to see how the calzones came out. I'd especially be interested in how bread comes out. More, More, More!

Re: A "new" toy! - cjs - 09-20-2008

Wow, that's quite a machine! With that motor strength, the grain mill would be something to have.

Re: A "new" toy! - luvnit - 09-20-2008

Wow! What a neat machine! Never heard of them until now. I love the look of it too. Very nice.

Re: A "new" toy! - mlucas1 - 09-20-2008

I had never heard of them either until my husband saw it in the ad for Building 19 (that's a local discount chain). Now that I've used it once I want to use it again! lol

The only thing I don't like about it so far is that it is really big and tough to find storage for.

By the way the model I have is the very first one on the page.

Re: A "new" toy! - chef_Tab - 09-20-2008

Wow, what a find! I sure miss Bldg 19! Their adds were like comic strips. I always loved the Christmas Tree Shops too. Ahhhh, New England, I miss thee.

Re: A "new" toy! - luvnit - 09-21-2008

So I thought I would try to look up their website and see if they shipped stuff too. It doesn't look like they do, but they have a cute site. I see what you mean about the 'cartoon' ads. I looked at their circular. What a hoot!

[Image: coverrun13.jpg] [Image: 08.jpg]

Re: A "new" toy! - mlucas1 - 09-22-2008

Where are you from, Theresa?