Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner 10/27? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner 10/27? (/showthread.php?tid=68053)

Monday's Dinner 10/27? - cjs - 10-27-2008

What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

We're having the other half of the Hong Shao Rou and those wonderful garlic noodles. Even tho I only have a little of the pork left I'm doing an entire lb. of the noodles so I can have some leftovers to play with. I'm thinking they would be awfully good in a hot/sour soup or just a strong broth or something. Man, they are tasty.

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - HomeCulinarian - 10-27-2008

I'm planning on trying the Eggplant Parmesan with creamy marinara on tagliatelle - except I couldn't find the tagliatelle - so fettuccine will have to do. This is from the Pasta book.

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - Trixxee - 10-27-2008

We are having Asian Chicken & Water Chestnut Patties. I will either pick up some bok choy to saute or do a quick veggie stir fry with my leftover veggies from the Ratatouille. That would be the most practical.

I also have some spinach to use up. I've never added it to a stir fry. I wonder how that would work out?

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - pjcooks - 10-27-2008

Cider braised pork chops from Cooks Country for the boys, chicken pie for Picky. I think I'll make some shrimp and crab cakes, too, considering I have some extra to use up. The pork chops look good, they use apple butter, cider and cider vinegar. And I can start them now and let them cook in the Dutch oven for a while so I can run errends this afternoon.

PJ

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - DFen911 - 10-27-2008

I'm experimenting with soups. Last night was potato, leek and celery soup with chicken.

Tonight is roasted tomato with red pepper soup with pasta.

Both served with a wonderdul roasted garlic bread

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - Trixxee - 10-27-2008

Hmmm, I just came across a recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with a Lemon Mustard Butter sauce. I don't think that will go too well with the patties.

Maybe I'll just have to make it for my lunch. (With a piece of salmon).

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - cjs - 10-27-2008

"they use apple butter, cider and cider vinegar." - PJ, that sounds good!

"roasted tomato with red pepper soup" - it it's a winner, Denise, how 'bout posting the recipe? I can never have too many of those kinds of soups.

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - DFen911 - 10-27-2008

Jean I will post that as soon as I get home

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - - 10-27-2008

I agree with you on that soup, Jean - I would like the recipe as well since I put up tomatoes and peppers from the garden - oh, we are having beef stroganoff with a salad

Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? - Lorraine - 10-27-2008

Beef Stroganoff sounds great. But, I've come down with a chest /sinus cold and have no taste buds. Neo Citran is sounding good.