Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? (/showthread.php?tid=68381)

Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - cjs - 10-30-2008

What are you all up to?

We are taking the last of the kitchen remodel parts to our friends for installing, so I'm not planning anything - maybe we'll stop in town on our way home for something.

Have to brag on Roy a tad - this is the most beautiful countertop I think he's ever made and we've been schlepping this hunk around for a few days....

[Image: countertop1.jpg]
That's glue runnin' down the boards - he pieced the entire thing using wood 'biscuits'

And this is how it will look in the kitchen -
[Image: countertop2.jpg]

Now, my nose is out of joint that I have this darn old commercial island....whine, whine. Altho, I did mention that when we had a real boring winter I want to just rip out what we have and start from scratch - - he's not too excited right now. He worked so hard on this one.

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - BarbaraS - 10-30-2008

Well, it's "cooks night off" for me for the next 3 nights!

Today we head out to the Delaware Water Gap to spend a couple days. When we get back Saturday we're going to McCormick and Schmink's for my BD dinner! I'll be offline for a few, so y'all behave and have fun on Halloween!!

BTW, gorgeous butcher block! My hubby made and extension on my island and made a grain-end block for me. I have to get onto a picture site to download some pics of it.

Barbara

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - Harborwitch - 10-30-2008

Jean that is beautiful! Wow - I cannot imagine how much work that was! Give him a big hug!

I'm not sure what we're having tonight - I'll have to get back to you later. Haven't had COFFEE yet.

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - esgunn - 10-30-2008

Jean, That is just beautiful! Didn't you just remodel your kitchen???

I think it is Chicken Curry in the crock pot tonight.

Last night was roasted brussel sprouts, red peppers, mushrooms and Chicken and apple sausages. YUM.

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - - 10-30-2008

That is just beautiful!!! - Oh, how I envy your friends!!! I love woodworking projects - I used to help my father on the week-ends when I was growing up - the smells in a woodworking shop are almost as good as the aromas in the kitchen

We are having stir fry and left over coconut cream pie

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - farnfam - 10-30-2008

Tell Roy Rogers that the countertop is gorgeous!

For tonite: Mushroom Pork Marsala from Weeknight Menus and maybe an appy and a dessert but I'm not sure yet.

Cis

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - pjcooks - 10-30-2008

What a nice job Roy did on the countertop! My nest house, my next house, I keep saying...

Baked haddock for supper tonight, Blitz bread if I get moving and baby pes. Last night was the shrimp and crabcakes with a remoulade, started out intending to use the C@H recipe but just made them the way I always do. Crab cakes just aren't crab cakes without Old Bay. Right, Resident Sage?

PJ

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - luvnit - 10-30-2008

Pasta rack.

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-30-2008

Quote:

Pasta rack.

That's hilarious Laura!

Jean, that is just gorgeous! My ideal kitchen would have 3 different counters...stainless steel, marble, and wood block.

Cis, I hope you love the pork as much as we do!

Tonight is the Turkey Tortilla Soup with Southwestern Cornbread. I think I may be getting a cold with these dramatic weather changes around here, so this should hit the spot. That and getting to sleep in a little tomorrow should help. (I've got a mandatory workday and have some compensatory time to use...soooooo)

Re: Dinner - Thursday 10/30??? - Trixxee - 10-30-2008

Beautiful wood!

We are having my favorite soup - the Sausage Minestra and croutons. Yum!