Cuisine at home Forums
Chanterelles - For Bill - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Chanterelles - For Bill (/showthread.php?tid=69059)

Pages: 1 2

Chanterelles - For Bill - cjs - 11-07-2008

Ran across some beatiful chanterelles the other day at Central Market and thought of you. We had them last night with a couple other dishes I can't mention (until Nov. 10th ) and they were just great! From epicurious website.

[Image: chanterelles.jpg]

Chanterelle Fricassée
"Fricasse De Girolles This makes a wonderful side dish to poultry or seafood, or a lovely dish all on its own."

1 tablespoon goose fat or olive oil
1 shallot -- minced
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 pound wild or cultivated mushrooms -- trimmed and cleaned
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves -- firmly packed

Heat the goose fat or olive oil with the shallot and the garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. When the shallot has turned translucent, after about 2 minutes, add the mushrooms and cook, shaking the pan frequently, until they give up most of their liquid.

Increase the heat to medium-high, season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and continue cooking and shaking the pan until most - but not all - of the liquid has evaporated. This will take about 8 minutes.

2. Mince the parsley and stir it into the mushrooms and continue cooking for an additional minute. Taste for seasoning, remove from the heat and serve immediately.

---

Simplicity at its best - especially with a Tobin James '06 Ballistic Zin

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - Old Bay - 11-07-2008

I am salivating!! They are beautiful! I so envy you folks in the NW with your bounty of beautiful produce.

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - pjcooks - 11-07-2008

Boy, do they look good! I'll bet the goose fat put them over the top, if that's what you used.

Thanks for the recipe, Jean, if I ever see Chanterelles around here, I'll be sure to scoop them up.

PJ

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - cjs - 11-07-2008

(had duck...)

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - chef_Tab - 11-07-2008

Jean, Jean, Jean! Do you ever stop taunting me with this delicious looking food? I am fairly sure I will never find Chanterelles here. The bowl is beautiful too. I want to be Jean in my next life.

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - Gourmet_Mom - 11-07-2008

YUM!

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - esgunn - 11-07-2008

They had a huge container of fresh Chanterelles as Costco today.

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - Old Bay - 11-07-2008

Quote:

Jean, Jean, Jean! Do you ever stop taunting me with this delicious looking food? I am fairly sure I will never find Chanterelles here. The bowl is beautiful too. I want to be Jean in my next life.

We get them for $45/lb in Texas!! We brought home 5lbs on the plane at $9./lb.
We enjoyed them for a week. Jean knows how much we love them.

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - Lorraine - 11-07-2008

Thanks , Jean. Here's what I'll do. Sub duck fat for the goose, add a bit of stock and cream and serve it over noodles or toast or something. For breakfast, crack a few eggs into that, very soft scrambled, if we can find brioche... I''m hungry.

Re: Chanterelles - For Bill - Harborwitch - 11-07-2008

Why can't our Costco get them???? Whine. Geeze Jean - those look soooo good I'm drooling on the keyboard. Slurp.