Cuisine at home Forums
need help finding a recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: need help finding a recipe (/showthread.php?tid=70774)

need help finding a recipe - asofte - 11-30-2008

I am new to this magazine and site. I love the recipes. I believe my first issue was the Feb 2008 issue and I misplaced it. There was a recipe in there that was so good. I only made it once and don't remember all the ingredients or the name of it. This is what I do remember: it was a beef recipe it had apple cider vinegar and pinapple juice. It was a long recipe and it had to be simmered for a very long time. The sauce had to half itself. If I remember correctly it was also featured on the cover. I wish I could remember more but unfortunately I cannot. If anyone could help me I would greatly apprieciate it. Thanks in advance.
~Anne

Re: need help finding a recipe - BarbaraS - 11-30-2008

Sirloin Steak Stir-fry

Makes 4 cup stir-fry, about 3 cups rice; Total time: 45 minutes

1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
1 jar hoisin sauce (6 oz)
1 cup rice vinegar
1 can pineapple juice (6 oz)
1/2 cup honey
1 T. garlic, minced
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 t. kosher salt
1 1/4 lb top sirloin, trimmed, thinly sliced
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. vegetable oil
1 t. red pepper flakes
1 cup red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
1 cup scalions, chopped into 2" pieces
1/2 cup frozed shelled edamame, lima beans, or green peas
1 T. toasted sesame oil
Toasted sesame seeds

COOK rice according to package directions and keep warm

COMBINE hoisin, vinegar, pinapple juice, honey, garlic, ginger, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to 1 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes

TOSS sliced sirloin with sugar, vegetable oil, and pepper flakes to coat. Heat a large non-stick skillet over high, the stir-fry beef until browned, about 3 minutes.

ADD bell pepper, scallions, and edamame, and saute for 1 minute more. Off heat, stir in sesame oil.

Serve with rice and prepared sauce on the side. Garnish stir-fry with sesame seeds.

Enjoy, and welcome to the forum!

Barbara

Re: need help finding a recipe - HomeCulinarian - 11-30-2008

Hi, Anne ... I think you're looking for the Sirloin Stir fry recipe on page 38. I have it marked Very Good - especially the sauce. here it is...

1 1/2 cups long grain white rice,
1 8 oz jar hoisin sauce
1 c rice vinegar
6 oz pineapple juice
1/2 cup honey
1 T garlic, minced
1 T fresh ginger, minced
1 teasp kosher salt
1 1/4 # top sirloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 T brown sugar
2 T vege oil
1 teasp red pepper flakes
1 c red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
1 c scallions, chopped into 2" pieces
1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, lima or green peas
1 T toasted sesame oil
Toasted Sesame seeds

Cook rice according to package directions (I thought this was too much rice and noted to make 1 cup next time)
Combine hoisin, vinegar, pineapple juice, honey, garlic, ginger and salt in a saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat and reduce to 1 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes.

Toss sliced sirloin with sugar, vegetable oil, and pepper flakes in a bowl to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high then stir fry beef until browned, about 3 minutes.

Add peppers, scallions and edamame, and saute for 1 minute more. Off heat stir in sesame oil.

Serve with rice and prepared sauce on the side. Garnish with sesame seeds.

Now you have it twice! It's that good!

Re: need help finding a recipe - asofte - 11-30-2008

Wow thank you so much! What quick responses too! I think I am going to like it here.

Re: need help finding a recipe - Gourmet_Mom - 11-30-2008

Welcome asofte! They beat me to it...LOL! Well, I've got that one typed in, so I think I may have to try it...sounds good!

I sure hope you'll stick around. We love food and cooking. Having a new brain to pick is always fun!

Re: need help finding a recipe - pjcooks - 11-30-2008

Welcome, Anne! I made this a while back and used peas. It was very good, and kid friendly as well! Enjoy.

PJ

Re: need help finding a recipe - labradors - 11-30-2008

We love it here, Anne, and are glad you could join us. Stay around, and enjoy the great people and great fun!

Re: need help finding a recipe - DFen911 - 12-01-2008

Welcome to the forum! Hey be sure to give us a review when you make the dish

**passes a pineapple jello shooter....hey it goes with the recipe!**

Re: need help finding a recipe - cjs - 12-01-2008

Just wanted to add my welcome, Anne! Hope you stay in the neighborhood a long, long time!

Re: need help finding a recipe - Mare749 - 12-01-2008

Welcome Anne, glad you could join us! Hope you come back often for a visit and to share in the fun and recipes.

Maryann