Cuisine at home Forums
Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole (/showthread.php?tid=71607)

Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - dmc - 12-11-2008

Has anyone made gouda mashed potato casserole from Issue 66, December 2007? Wanting to try it for a dinner party.

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - Mare749 - 12-12-2008

No, haven't tried it, but it sure sounds good. Please post a review if you decide to try it.

Welcome to the forum dmc! We all love meeting new people here, so jump right in and join us!

Maryann

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - cjs - 12-12-2008

I haven't tried it either, yet. But it sure sounds good.

Welcome to the neighborhood, dmc!

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - luvnit - 12-12-2008

Haven't tried them, but YUMMMM! How did I miss that recipe?!

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - Gourmet_Mom - 12-12-2008

I can't wait to hear your review. What's not to love...gouda and creamy mashed potatoes. Welcome dmc!

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - esgunn - 12-13-2008

I have made a gouda Mashed potato casserole. It was probably this one, but I didn't make any notes on it, and I don't remember the bacon. I can't imagine where else I got a recipe though if it wasn't this one. Probably just left the bacon out because I didn't have any.

IT was great where ever it came from. We really enjoyed it.

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - ryansnurse - 12-13-2008

Wow, that sounds good. I subscribed in Feb 2008, any chance that anyone would post the recipe?

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - dmc - 12-19-2008

Thanks for all the welcomes! I will post after the holidays, I'm making for xmas eve dinner.

Thanks!

Re: Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole - cjs - 12-20-2008

Here you go -
Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole
makes 7 cups

Boil and mash; Saute:
3 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (I'm of the don't peel club, myself)
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sour cream
6 T. unsalted butter
6 strips bacon, thick-sliced, diced
Salt to taste

Assemble; Garnish with:
2 cups Gouda cheese grated, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives

Preheat oven to 375F.
Boil potatoes in salted water in a large pot over high heat until tender, 12 minutes. Drain, return potatoes to the pot and dry over medium heat for 1 minute.

Off heat, add milk, sour cream and butter; mash until smooth, cover and set aside. Saute bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate, then stir into mashed potatoes; season with salt

Assemble casserole, spreading half the potatoes in a 2-qt. casserole dish.Top with 1 cup cheese, spread with remaining potatoes, the top with remaining chese. Bake until golden, 30 minutes. Garnish with chives.

---

Doesn't say to, but I would rub the casserole with butter or oil before adding the tatoes.