Cuisine at home Forums
New Year's Eve at work - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New Year's Eve at work (/showthread.php?tid=72021)

New Year's Eve at work - firechef - 12-19-2008

Of course a historic boutique hotel with a AAA 4-Diamond history is going to have a special menu to say good bye to the outgoing year and to ring in the new one and here is what my Chef and acting General Manager and I came up with...

An appetizer of a Seafood Cocktail, a "traditional" Oyster Stew along with a "Classic Spinach Salad" with a warm bacon vinaigrette. Our entree choices are going to be Mahi Mahi with Orange Buerre Blanc, my Pork Wellington, an 8 ounce Prime Rib with seared Sea Scallops or a 4 ounce Lobster Thermidor with a 4 ounce Filet Mignon. The dessert is going to be Tiramisu.

With the chaos of manager changes and all the ball was dropped so we are not having a band or anything in our ball room so we are looking at being a dinner and social stop before going on to other parties. The duet plates are always a challenge but a lot of fun to plate and make look sharp. It should be a blast. I doubt our "special" menu will sell much as the acting GM wants to keep the regular dinner menu available as well which I am afraid will limit our "special" menu sales...oh well, we'll see.

Re: New Year's Eve at work - Gourmet_Mom - 12-19-2008

I can't imagine why he would want to keep the regular menu for the night. Nor could I imagine anyone not ordering something off the special menu. The down side for me would be trying to decide which one to pick! YUM!

Re: New Year's Eve at work - firechef - 12-19-2008

The price on the special menu is $39.95 for all the courses whereas a big steak or other entree goes for twenty-something and includes a salad or soup. Throw in a dessert and you are STILL under the cost of the special menu. From a financial stand point I'd go off of our regular menu which is very good as well and provides more choices.

Re: New Year's Eve at work - Trixxee - 12-19-2008

Wow - it definitely would be hard to choose! Though I think I'd go with the lobster thermidor and filet.

It all sounds wonderful and hope all goes smoothly.

Re: New Year's Eve at work - cjs - 12-20-2008

Nice sound specials.