Cuisine at home Forums
Black Diamond Steak - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Black Diamond Steak (/showthread.php?tid=72182)

Black Diamond Steak - cjs - 12-21-2008

I'd never heard of this dish until a friend gave me the recipe a while back. Made it last night and it's just delicious! He said I could grill or broil it, but since I really am not a fan of broiling, I bit the bullet....
[Image: SNOWGRILLING.jpg]
It ain't Phoenix out there...

Black Diamond Steak

1 flank steak
2 T. oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. vinegar
Sprinkle of garlic powder
1 1/2 tsps. ground ginger

Mix ingredients for the marinade. Score meat criss-cross on both sides Place meat in marinade; cover and refrigerate.

Marinate 8-10 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Grill or broil 6-8 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.

-----
Just a wonderful flavor - had some Mushroom Risotto leftover to Roy's dellight to go with.

Re: Black Diamond Steak - Gourmet_Mom - 12-21-2008

YUM! This is on the list...like tomorrow! Close enough to Korean Beef, but sounds a little sweeter...in a good way!

Re: Black Diamond Steak - chef_Tab - 12-21-2008

Oh, Jean, how dare you?! Now I am torn between this and the sugar coated steaks that Roy loves so. We limit beef intake here so I must decide on one.

Re: Black Diamond Steak - Harborwitch - 12-21-2008

Gee that sounds good! Looks a bit chilly though.

Re: Black Diamond Steak - bjcotton - 12-21-2008

No chili Sharon, it gives Roy the winds

Re: Black Diamond Steak - firechef - 12-21-2008

If the winds ever die down I'll try this one! WRONG chili Billy!

Jean, it has warmed up to -2F and the wind chill is a balmy -17F...wanna come stoke the wood for the grill for me? You look dressed for it!

Re: Black Diamond Steak - Old Bay - 12-21-2008

Jean, the steak recipe looks wonderful and you look good doing it!!! By the way, I can tell you are not in Phoenix!!

Re: Black Diamond Steak - DFen911 - 12-21-2008

Jean you look so cute all bundled up out there BBQ'ing

Re: Black Diamond Steak - cjs - 12-22-2008

This weather is just unbelievable! More snow last night - it has snowed, and heavily, for a week now! Not like the normal weather around here.

Re: Black Diamond Steak - firechef - 12-23-2008

Kinda makes you wonder about that Global Warming thing...