Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 (/showthread.php?tid=72719)

Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - cjs - 12-29-2008

Well, for breakfast we are having toast and peanut butter and then on the road. We'll have dinner with Tracie/madmax and she has requested Bierocks, but I didn't get the bread dough made ahead of time, so we'll have to see......

What are you all up to?

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - labradors - 12-29-2008

Quote:

Well, for breakfast we are having toast and peanut butter...

Oooh! That reminds me of something I haven't done for a while: mix some pancake syrup into some peanut butter, then spread the mixture onto some pancakes or waffles. It sounds crazy, but it is DELICIOUS! Try it!

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - Mare749 - 12-29-2008

Tonight is date night and we're going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the Q. Very excited about seeing this performance as it's one that we've been meaning to go to for a number of years now.

Dinner will be very light tonight (I'm thinking Chinese Chicken Salad) since we never like to eat heavy when we're going to any kind of show. (Makes both of us sleepy)

This is an early anniversary celebration. We'll do a nice dinner out on our actual anniversary, (Jan. 5) when we will be married for 35 years! I know, I can't believe it either.

Maryann

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - farnfam - 12-29-2008

Happy Anniversary Maryann!
I don't know what we're having tonite, we are still so stuffed from Christmas

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-29-2008

I think I've finally decided. I'm going to make Jacques Pepin's Skirt Steak Grandma. It's a simple recipe served with an anchovy paste sauce made from the pan juices. I think some simple buttery egg noodles and green beans will make a nice side.

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - Roxanne 21 - 12-29-2008

Filet mignons with a side of that warm potato salad from Weeknight Grilling---it was very tasty but rich...small amounts were wonderful and I will do that again. Also some roasted asparagus.

Apple pie for dessert...made that yesterday.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Maryann!!! 35 years---seems like yesterday, right???

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - Harborwitch - 12-29-2008

Happy Anniversary Maryann! How fun!

I'm still not recovered from the tamale feast. Geeze. Also feeling a little "porked-out" from all the porky goodness. I think something light tonight. I just can't think of a thing.

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - HomeCulinarian - 12-29-2008

Happy anniversary Maryanne!

It's about 45 degrees here, and clear, so I'm going to fire up the grill and make a beer can chicken. I have a nice rub mix from "Napa Style" spice rubs and will make some potato planks or wedges and green beans.

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - cjs - 12-30-2008

Tracie's favorite meal in the world is rack of lamb, so we treated her to dinner out last night. Roy had prime rib (with leftovers in the fridge ), and I had coconut shrimp. Great dinner and the lamb was really tasty! Oh, and a decadent chocolate cake & ice cream with black raspberry syrup and 3 forks. (leftovers in the fridge also - but not for long. the coffee is almost ready!)

Re: Monday's Dinner - 12/29 - Lorraine - 12-30-2008

I bet there are no leftovers by the time Roy gets up. I think we have lamb in the freezer, might be tonights dinner. Happy belated birthday to Tracie!