Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? (/showthread.php?tid=73751)

Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - cjs - 01-11-2009

We have three choices -
- grilled potabellos filled with Pepper Jack
- Pulled Pork - already cooked in crockpot yesterday, needs to be mixed with some BBQ sauce and onions and cook some more.
- pkg. of lamb with veggies, gravy and garlic mashed potatoes.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But, whatever is eaten first, we picked up some corn at a farmer's market yesterday to grill.

What are you all up to?

Oh, today is Sunday - the day of Champagne and brunch! A mushroom & onion pizza and I think we have a bottle of bubbly.

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - BarbaraS - 01-11-2009

Fried chicken with corn fritters.

Defrosted the frozen shucked corn and it is a little more mushy than I would like it, but it'll have to do.

Barbara

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - Lorraine - 01-11-2009

Leftovers here. Either chicken with pasta, or chicken stew.

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - chef_Tab - 01-11-2009

I am going to make the split pea soup for two in newest magazine. I wanted something easy and healthy because we are watching football all day. Go Eagles!

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - BarbaraS - 01-11-2009

Quote:

Go Eagles!

What you said!!

Barbara

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-11-2009

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm making the Chicken and Noodle Dumpling recipe...cool and damp here, so comfort food is in order. Gonna get colder later this week.....BBBBBRRRRRRRR!

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - Trixxee - 01-11-2009

I think I'm going to try the Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe from one of the Weeknight books, only with chicken. We just got back from a whirlwind Disneyland weekend with my sister's family and I'm so tired I can't even be bothered to go to the store so I need to make something "from the pantry" with no special ingredients.

Has anyone made this particular sweet and sour sauce? If so, how did it turn out?

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - Roxanne 21 - 01-11-2009

Spareribs---pork baby backs.....Jean's recipe for cooking but I did a tomato sweet and sour sauce. YUMMY!!! Also noodles and broccoli saute.

Trixxee---I probably passed this one over until I can get my hands on some scallops----LOVE SCALLOPS!!! They are very few and far between here and when available OVER THE TOP EXPENSIVE but worth it---- now I'm salivating

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - Trixxee - 01-11-2009

I would LOVE the scallops too. Darn it, now I'm salivating!

Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? - Sage - 01-11-2009

The Sweet & Spicy Scallops from the Weeknight Grilling book? My 17 yr old son loves that recipe.

Dinner here is Skillet Chicken with Broccoli, Ziti, and Asiago Cheese and No Knead Bread.