Cuisine at home Forums
Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test (/showthread.php?tid=74659)

Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - cjs - 01-24-2009

I first stuck this in the middle of another thread and I'm afraid it will get lost - so I'm giving it its own thread.

I developed this for the next book - and if anyone would like, I would love for any/all of you to try it and let me know what you think.
(and please be brutal in your testing)

Jammed Up Pork Chops

4 ea pork chops, bone in or boneless, 3/4" thick
8 oz jar of fruit/jalapeno jam (I used Black cherry/jalapeno)
1 T. Dijon Mustard
1/2 c beef stock or broth

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Flour and season the pork chops and brown in an oiled skillet over medium high heat until golden; turn over and saute 1 more minute.

While the chops are browning, mix together the jam, Dijon and the beef stock. Season with a little salt.

When chops have cooked for one minute on second side, remove the pan from heat and spoon the jam mixture over the chops; cover as completely as possible.

Cover the skillet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or to an internal temperature of 145F.
------
Notes:
cj tips: if thicker chops are used, increase cooking time.

Check out side dishes to suggest: fennel, rice w/, something different

Description:
"I developed this Jan. 23, 09"

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - Gourmet_Mom - 01-24-2009

I'll give this a try as soon as I get to the city. I want to wait and find the right jam that would appeal to us. I've not seen any "hot" jelly around here. Sounds good though!

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - cjs - 01-24-2009

thanks, Daphne.

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - Dismc - 01-24-2009

I'll definitely give this a try. Just bought a huge package of boneless chops at Costco and wanted something different. Sounds delicious.

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - Harborwitch - 01-24-2009

These sound really good. I should get off my duff and walk over to the grocery and grab some pork chops. I think I have some rhubarb-jalapeno-raspberry jelly hanging out. Slurp! Drool. We will have these very soon.

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - Old Bay - 01-24-2009

Looks like a project to me!!! My kind of work!

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - cjs - 01-24-2009

thanks everyone and be sure and be tough with your reviews...with love, tho

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - Lorraine - 01-24-2009

I;ll try to make it next week, we're a bit porked out right now. ( If that's possible).

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - Roxanne 21 - 01-25-2009

Printed and in my to-do pile.....did you brine the chops first?? I'm sure I have a jam that will fit to this recipe....Thanks, Jean.

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test - cjs - 01-25-2009

Roxanne, you bring up a good point - I'm quite sure if someone has jam but not made with jalapenos, why not just add some slices/minced to any jam - and instant jalapeno/fruit jam!! I'm going to try that today - it would certainly be a nice option for someone without.

(P.S. to Sharon - I was "trying" to clean up a HUGE stack of printed out recipes and get in some kind of order and I found the copy of the cauliflower soup recipe you asked if I had gotten and I couldn't remember. So, yes you did indeed send it to me! )