Cuisine at home Forums
Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review (/showthread.php?tid=75991)

Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - Mare749 - 02-09-2009

Tonight we had Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia with Hot Orange-Ginger Sauce and Mandarin Spinach Salad. This is a fun and very tasty dish to make. The rub adds a lot of flavor to the fish, but the sauce just puts it over the top. Really good, especially with the salad. We will definately make this again and gave it an 8+.

[Image: Pan-SearedFive-SpiceTilapia.jpg]

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - foodfiend - 02-09-2009

Now, I could swear that I replied to this a short while ago...

MaryAnn, what a beautiful meal! I just can't get into five-spice powder. Was the star anise flavor very dominant?

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - HomeCulinarian - 02-10-2009

That looks good. Is it in the most recent issue?

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - Mare749 - 02-10-2009

We didn't really think so, Vicci, but then that orange ginger sauce is so hot it probably covered it up. It really was tasty though and a nice "light" meal.

Jeanette, this was in the most current issue that I have which is issue 73.

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - cjs - 02-10-2009

Looks great, Maryann - I've not made anything from that issue as yet. Love 5 spice.

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - Trixxee - 02-10-2009

I had a feeling this would be a keeper. Thanks for the review and your presentation looks lovely!

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - Lorraine - 02-10-2009

Thanks for the review, we love tilapia.

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - Mare749 - 02-10-2009

Thank you Trixxee, I'm always self-conscious about posting my pictures. Never think the presentation looks nearly as good as some of the others on here. But, it was a nice meal and I wanted to let everyone know.

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - cjs - 02-11-2009

Oh pooh, Maryann - I'd sure order that dish from your restaurant.

Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review - Mare749 - 02-11-2009

Thanks Jean. I wouldn't have thought about it except my sweet adoring husband walked into the kitchen and asked me what happened to the pretty salad that had been sitting on his plate (that I had carefully arranged for the picture then remembered that I forgot the dressing)