Cuisine at home Forums
What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=76647)

What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - cjs - 02-16-2009

Naturally, we're having leftovers - Roy is whining he didn't get enough saurkraut..... Plus, I hid one of the Pot de Cremes so they weren't able to take all their bowls home with them.

What's everyone else up to?

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - Harborwitch - 02-16-2009

Well I wish I knew if Billy was going to make it tonight or tomorrow! If he doesn't make it tonight we'll have fish & chips and some spinach salad.

If he does make it today it'll be be something on the order of a pot roast or roast chicken.

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - HomeCulinarian - 02-16-2009

I made some black bean soup yesterday for tonight's dinner. Picked up the Best of Cooking Light over the weekend and found a good looking recipe for corn bread muffins I'm going to try with the soup.

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - Trixxee - 02-16-2009

I've got salad ingredients that should be used. I'll make some kind of crusted chicken to go on top - not sure what kind yet. I have almonds, pecans (though they are "slightly sweet & spicy") and panko.

I'm wondering how the pecans would work out considering they are sweet & spicy? LOL.

Toasted baguette slices on the side.

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-16-2009

I would think the pecans would be good on a salad.

I fixed a roasted chicken last night that turned out wonderful. I have half left and started to make a Cobb Salad, but I'm not feeling up to all that chopping tonight. So I picked up some Keilbasa and some peas. I'll make sausage, onions, and rice, then toss the leftover chicken in at the end and serve the peas on the side. I don't know why I bother, William always puts his peas on his rice...Oh well.

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - luvnit - 02-16-2009

Tonight is Chicken and Dumplings

Tomorrow is Corned Beef and Cabbage!

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - Mare749 - 02-16-2009

We had porterhouse steaks with mushrooms and onions, french fries and romaine salad. Hazelnut decaf and a piece of dark chocolate afterwards.

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-16-2009

Boy, Maryann, that's an awfully fancy dinner for a Monday night! Sounds more like a Friday, Saturday or Valentine's Day dinner!

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - esgunn - 02-16-2009

No Idea. It is just the kids and I. Steve is in St. Croix for the day. (I don't even know if that is how you spell it. let alone ever been there.)

Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 2/16?? - Lorraine - 02-16-2009

I'm moving in with Maryann!

He had me cook up some black beans. Then he diced some onion, garlic, celery, carrot, turnip, green onion. added some tomato, at the end added the beans for a while, served over basmati rice. My introduction to beans and rice. A winner.