Cuisine at home Forums
Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! (/showthread.php?tid=76821)

Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - cjs - 02-19-2009

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! And I'll probably dislike anyone with a real neat pantry!!

This is mine and will be redone soon -

[Image: pantry1.jpg]

and the other side -
[Image: pantry2.jpg]

As you can tell I'm a real pack rat - but I love to be able to see a recipe and just go to the pantry and "usually" be able to make the dish.

Your turn.

Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - luvnit - 02-19-2009

I wish I had a pantry, but I don't. And I don't think yours looks messy.

My gosh I have seen far worse than yours. Pantries tend to be a good 'catch all' spot for most.

Can't wait to see what others have for a pantry.

Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - HomeCulinarian - 02-19-2009

I don't have a pantry, just kitchen cabinets. I have one of those metal shelves in the laundry room and it holds some kitchen stuff. Last house, we put in a pantry when we remodeled the kitchen. I think it was my favorite feature in the whole house. I miss opening the door and having everything in plain view.

Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - Roxanne 21 - 02-19-2009

I don't have a pantry but I do have separate areas for goodies in my cabinets-----one area is pastas, another Asian ingredients, another vinegars and oils, another with baking ingredients---I'm BORING!!!!! TOO many "stuffs" in different places but organized for my cooking "skills"---I designed my kitchen cabinets to accomodate the ingredients I use---I also have a huge cupboard in another room for my back up (extras). When I notice something I use, I will purchase for future use----is this a little confusing???

Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - Gourmet_Mom - 02-19-2009

No, not confusing Rox...I get it.

I'll take pics of mine this weekend. I have to wait to get my hands on the camera...But Jean, that doesn't look like excess to me. Actually, I don't see too many things in yours, I don't have in mine...well, except, maybe some of the spirits. I don't stock that these days....still got a 19 year old in the house that would gladly "relieve me" of my "excess".

Oh, I know what I was going to comment on....the beer kept room temp. I have to buy chilled and wind up letting one of the kids have what I don't use. Won't do that any more. Now that I'm drinking wine, Ashley sadly leaves without an open bottle these days...LOL! She does like to "shop" in my pantry and fridge/freezer when she comes, though. Poor thing, last time she was here, she asked for a roll of the good TP. Bless her heart, she has become quite a budget shopper!

Also, I love your pots hanging. I have my pot rack, but I still haven't figured out what to do with my lids....any suggestions?

Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - BarbaraS - 02-19-2009

Is the hook long enough to also hold the lid by its loop? It may have to go backwards, but that's how I have mine going.

I'd shoot you a pic to show you how the Hubby made me a Lap-Joint hanger for my pots and pans.

Barbara

Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - chef_Tab - 02-19-2009

My lids have a handle on top that slides onto the handle of the pot. This way they can be stored together.

Barbara, I have a hanging rack over my cooking area. While the lids will hang on the hooks, it just doesn't look right.

Theresa, while Jean's set up would work with your handle idea, I don't think it would look right on my rack. But danged if I ain't gonna check it out this weekend.

Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! - BarbaraS - 02-19-2009

Wow, talk about senility...

I hang my lids over and down the handles. I also hang the splatter screens and other handles over the hooks.

Barbara