Cuisine at home Forums
Marinated Brussel Sprouts - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Marinated Brussel Sprouts (/showthread.php?tid=77332)

Marinated Brussel Sprouts - luvnit - 02-26-2009

I don't think I have posted this before, but I was looking through some summer stuff and found this. This is also a WeightWatchers Zero Points recipe and I don't know if this is an actual WW recipe or someone just calculated the points for this. I saw a version of the recipe in Taste of Home that used Italian Dressing for the marinade.

MARINATED BRUSSELS SPROUTS

2 pounds fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, preferably fresh
Dressing:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon each, dry mustard, salt, sugar, oregano & thyme

additional salt & pepper to taste

If using fresh sprouts, trim stem, remove outer leaves and cut an X into core with tip of a knife. Bring salted water to a boil and cook for 6 – 8 minutes until cooked but still bright green. Drain. If using frozen brussel sprouts you just need to thaw and heat them in the microwave.

Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add hot sprouts, stir several times. Chill for 4 hours before serving.

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - Mare749 - 02-26-2009

No, never seen this one before, but we would love it. Thanks for posting, Laura. Never thought to use brussel sprouts for this. We do marinated veggies for nibbling a lot, especially in the summer. I'll have to try this.

Maryann

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - farnfam - 02-26-2009

Mmmm Laura, that sounds good, veggies marinated for nibbling sounds good. Summer sounds good, anybody seen it?? I know it's out there.... somewhere,..... far far away <<sigh>>

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - buzzard767 - 02-26-2009

Copied and will try it sometime this weekend. Thank you. Sounds delicious.

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - cjs - 02-26-2009

Oh boy another b. sprouts idea!! Thanks Laura, love 'em.

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - luvnit - 02-26-2009

Sometimes I slice them in two, lengthwise. Especially if they are large. Then toss them onto a salad with cold beets, marinated aspargus and the like.

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - esgunn - 02-26-2009

Thanks for the recipe. I love them!

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - cjs - 02-26-2009

Oh, beets and b. sprouts together??? I've not done that - how good that sounds. Maybe add the sprouts to the beet and corn salad....oh yeah. what a good idea.

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - chef_Tab - 02-26-2009

Laura, thanks for this idea! I made them to have with dinner tonight and tasted them while they were still warm. They are so good, I am having trouble keeping out of it till dinner. Can't wait to try them again cooled and marinated!

Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts - luvnit - 02-27-2009

I am glad you liked them Theresa. I love brussel sprouts and will eat them anyway I can get them.

Maybe I will grow them this year in the garden. Anybody here grow them?