Cuisine at home Forums
HELP! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: HELP! (/showthread.php?tid=77568)

HELP! - JAXALLIE - 03-01-2009

HI!
Could someone possibly PM me the Pan Roasted
salmon from April 2008, I can't find my issue anywhere!!!!!AAARRRGGGGG
Thanks So much.,,,,,Karen

Re: HELP! - HomeCulinarian - 03-01-2009

Here's the recipe. I put it in the forum in case someone else wants it, too. I've made it and marked it as "good", which is equivalent to about a 7 out of 10.

Pan Roasted Salmon with Barbecue Beurre Blanc
4 fillets, ¾ cup beurre blanc; Total time 30 minutes

For the Beurre Blanc
Combine; stir in:
½ c whiskey
¼ c pineapple juice
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 T shallots, minced
2 t paprika
1 t garlic, minced
1 t chipotles in adobo, minced
1 T honey
1 T tomato paste
1 T Worcestershire sauce
Off heat; whisk in:
1 stick unsalted butter, cold, cubed
Salt & Pepper to taste

For the Salmon –
Combine:
2 T brown sugar
2 t kosher salt (I made a note to use less)
1 t ground black pepper
½ t ground cumin
¼ t dry mustard
1/8 t ground cinnamon
Sear in 1 T olive oil:
4 Salmon fillets, skinned (4 oz each)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine whiskey, pineapple juice, vinegar, shallots, paprika, garlic, and chipotles for the beurre blanc in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in honey, tomato paste, and Worcestershire.
Off heat, whisk in butter a few cubes at a time until incorporated; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a glass dish and set inside a bowl of hot water to keep warm while roasting the salmon.
Combine brown sugar, salt, and spices for the salmon in a small bowl, then rub on the top side of the salmon fillets.
Sear fillets, rub-side down in oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. When the fish releases easily and rub side is browned, about 2 minutes, flip fillets, and transfer pan to the oven.
Roast until fillets flake easily with a fork, 5-6 minutes. Serve with beurre blanc.

Re: HELP! - labradors - 03-01-2009

Welcome, JaxAllie! Hope you enjoy the recipe, and will continue to join the great people here for some great food.

Re: HELP! - HomeCulinarian - 03-01-2009

Karen, where are my manners!?! I forgot to tell you welcome to the forum. So, welcome, Karen. Hope you'll want to join in the fun.

Re: HELP! - pjcooks - 03-01-2009

Welcome, Karen! Now that you're on board, join us often! Glad Jeannette could jump in right away for you, she's good at that!

PJ