Cuisine at home Forums
Blue Ruby Cocktail - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Blue Ruby Cocktail (/showthread.php?tid=78190)

Blue Ruby Cocktail - Old Bay - 03-06-2009

I love the sound of this, but I don't like sweet cocktails--would somebody try this and give me a review? From Specs Spring magazine 09. 1/2 C fresh blueberries, 10 leaves fresh basil, 1/2 C Tanqueray gin,1 & 1/2 C white grape juice. Garnish: fresh blueberries. Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse 6 times. Pour over ice and garnish with a couple of blueberries.  I really think this has possibilities. Makes 1 cocktail.  I may adjust the recipe depending on your report. I like dry. Thanks

P.S. I may cut the grape juice to 1/2 C---what do you think??

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - Gourmet_Mom - 03-06-2009

Wow Bill....this sounds pretty interesting! I'll have to give it a try. Now to find some blueberries. We ate all of last years horde. Either I'll have to wait for a new crop or find some at the grocery store frozen. I'd rather do fresh, though. One of my widow church ladies has a bunch of bushes and sells them every year pretty cheap....won't be long.

OT-I have noticed the strawberry patch that I pass every day is springing. I can't wait!

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - luvnit - 03-06-2009

If I had bluberries, I would try it right now. But alas, I do not. I will try to obtain some this weekend!

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - DFen911 - 03-06-2009

It will be sweet based on the blueberries and grape juice. 1.5 cups is a lot of grape juice. That's 12 ounces of juice to 4 ounces of gin. 3 to 1 in the opposite direction for me.

For me I'd do 2 parts gin, 1 part grape juice to 1/2 part blueberry juice and a small sqeeze of lemon. Shake strain and pour.

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - Old Bay - 03-07-2009

Quote:

It will be sweet based on the blueberries and grape juice. 1.5 cups is a lot of grape juice. That's 12 ounces of juice to 4 ounces of gin. 3 to 1 in the opposite direction for me.

For me I'd do 2 parts gin, 1 part grape juice to 1/2 part blueberry juice and a small sqeeze of lemon. Shake strain and pour.

A girl after me own heart--I'm off in the am for blueberries and grape juice!!!!

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - cjs - 03-07-2009

Heaven help us - Lemonade AND Blue Ruby both in the same weekend???? (better make today's and tomorrow's dinners early, early in the day )

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - Gourmet_Mom - 03-07-2009

[blockquote]Quote:

Heaven help us - Lemonade AND Blue Ruby both in the same weekend???? (better make today's and tomorrow's dinners early, early in the day ) [blockquote]Quote:

I'm with you Jean. I'm getting my pizza fixings together early. I THINK I can put one together after a few...LOL! But I'm thinking we need to eat early, too! I fell asleep after one lemonade last night, so I'm going to remedy that today...LOL!

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - cjs - 03-07-2009

Pizza - that's it! sounds good.

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - Mare749 - 03-07-2009

I know this will change the flavor a bit, but you can buy "unsweetened" cranberry juice at Trader Joe's. That would really cut the sugar.

Re: Blue Ruby Cocktail - Old Bay - 03-07-2009

Quote:

I know this will change the flavor a bit, but you can buy "unsweetened" cranberry juice at Trader Joe's. That would really cut the sugar.

At the risk of making this thing lethal, what about substituting sauvignon blanc for the grape juice? Reduce the gin a little?