Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? (/showthread.php?tid=78225)

Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - cjs - 03-07-2009

I'm playing with a recipe for Mushroom & Broccoli Chowder this a.m. and if it's good, that will be dinner (soup three nights in a row is enough!) maybe we'll just have it for a starter.

May wait to see what all you are up to for the rest of dinner.

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-07-2009

I'll be making pizza. I have been thinking about those pillows of cheese ever since you brought up that St. Patty's day thread. There'll be a mix, nothing special...depends on what's available at the local store. I also want to play with the bread that Cubangirl and Laura posted...based on the the time, the one I make today will be the shortest rise period. I also promised to make "the employee" carrot cake for his birthday about a month ago, so why not test out the new recipe...IF I can get the ingredients, here. That may have to be tomorrow.

I guess I need to get my butt in gear. It's supposed to hit 80 today, and me, my camera and a lemonade WILL be on the deck this afternoon!

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - Lorraine - 03-07-2009

He bought rockfish for supper tomight (another first for me). I tell you, I'm starting to grow gills.

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - Mare749 - 03-07-2009

Going to dinner and a play tonight, so no cooking for me. But, tomorrow, the smoker is coming out of storage.

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - Trixxee - 03-07-2009

I bought a chuck roast at Costco yesterday with the idea of making my Mahogany Hoisin Stew but I'm not sure I'm going to follow through with that.

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - farnfam - 03-07-2009

Thai shrimp and eggplant (found a huge one, at Aldi for only 99cents!)
Haven't decided what we're drinking with it yet. We've got a nice little crop of Thai Basil in the Aerogrow thingy

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - esgunn - 03-07-2009

Just beer can chicken on the grill, I hope it doesn't start snowing...Rain/snow mix in the forecast for the next couple of days. Steamed broccoli and a salad.

Last night was meatloaf and baked potatoes and a salad. Just some plain home cooking. 3 out of 5 of us all had the stomach flu the begining of last week. Just starting to get back on track.

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - HomeCulinarian - 03-07-2009

Hubby's out of town until tomorrow, so I'll be eating the leftovers again tonight.

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - DFen911 - 03-07-2009

Lol collard greens, fried chicken, gravy rice and LEMONADE!

Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? - cjs - 03-07-2009

" I hope it doesn't start snowing..." hope you like roasted chicken, Erin, it's snowng like hell here!!!HUGE flakes.

the sugar water is cooling for my lemonade....it's 1:15 p.m. retired or not, I guess this is a little too early.