Cuisine at home Forums
Old, old Recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Old, old Recipe (/showthread.php?tid=78275)

Old, old Recipe - cjs - 03-07-2009

but it turned out o.k. - I ran out of time to test it for the last 'one' but here it is all updated using parchment paper instead of waxed papers.

uh, guess what else I was testing at the same time -
[Image: angelcakebare.jpg]

and frosted -
[Image: angelcake.jpg]

This is one of the tastiest desserts I've ever had...

After we slice it, I'll take pictures again, it's really pretty then.

Re: Old, old Recipe - esgunn - 03-07-2009

It looks fantastic - can't wait to see it sliced - by the way - what is it?

Re: Old, old Recipe - cjs - 03-07-2009

It's called Angel Roll...recipe coming.

Re: Old, old Recipe - Gourmet_Mom - 03-07-2009

Oh my! That already looks incredible! I can't wait!

Re: Old, old Recipe - DFen911 - 03-08-2009

And the cocktail?

Re: Old, old Recipe - Gourmet_Mom - 03-08-2009

Me thinks the lemonade made posting a pic of the finished product and the recipe too challenging..LOL! Maybe tomorrow!

Re: Old, old Recipe - esgunn - 03-08-2009

Yes, too many lemonades....Hic....

Re: Old, old Recipe - Lorraine - 03-08-2009

And you say you're not a baker. Looking forward to the recipe.

Re: Old, old Recipe - cjs - 03-08-2009

My, that lemonade is so good!! thanks Denise, I think. And the pizza for dinner was easy - as Daphne says, can do it blindfolded!

[Image: angelroll2.jpg]

Angel Roll

This dessert is one of the prettiest and tastiest you will ever make ~ and on top of that, it’s so easy to put together. The roll only takes half the batter, so I bake the remaining batter in muffin tins with paper liners.

1 pkg. White Angel Food Cake Mix
Filling:
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
3 T. cocoa
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Frosting:
1 cup heavy cream
3 T. sugar

Grease the bottom of a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan; line with parchment paper, grease again. Prepare angel food mix as directed.

Turn 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan; spread to corners. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Cool
5 minutes.

Invert onto a towel that is dusted with confectioner’s sugar; carefully peel away the parchment paper. Rolling with the towel, start with the long side and roll up (enclosing the towel in the rolling). Set aside.

Combine the filling ingredients and beat until stiff peaks form. Carefully unroll the cake and spread the inside of the cake with the filling. Roll the cake again, leaving the towel behind. Carefully place roll on a serving platter.

Combine the frosting ingredients and beat until stiff peaks form; frost the cake and chill until ready to serve.

CJ’s tip: If you have access to an electric knife, it will make slicing the cake much easier. If not, use a serrated knife and using a sawing motion, don’t press down too hard. Wipe the knife off with each slice for a prettier presentation.

Leftover Angel Cupcakes

Preheat oven to 325° F.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners; fill with batter and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool. Cupcakes will last in an airtight container up to
2 days.

For a filled cupcake: After cupcakes have cooled, using a wooden skewer, poke a hole in the top of each cupcake. Using a pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/4” tip, pipe about 1 T. of fruit jelly into each cupcake.

To finish off the cupcakes, drizzle a little glaze over making sure the skewer hole is filled with some of the glaze.
Glaze:
1 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 T. butter, melted
1 T. water

In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients whisking together well.

--------
[Image: angelroll3.jpg]

Wish the pictures had turned out better, but you get the idea. What I did wrong was I used a half sheet pan instead of the size called for and the difference, although not that much, really made a difference in the thickness of the roll - it's usually larger.

Re: Old, old Recipe - labradors - 03-08-2009

Quote:

Wish the pictures had turned out better...

Are you kidding? The pictures are great! Love that platter, too!