Cuisine at home Forums
BBQ Potato Salad - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: BBQ Potato Salad (/showthread.php?tid=78407)

BBQ Potato Salad - cjs - 03-09-2009

Tasted this salad at Cenral market a while back and bought a bottle of the BBQ sauce they were pushing for it. Triby's Spicy BBQ Sauce - it has lots of chipotle in it and it's delicious. Anyway, the salad is really just potato salad we all make -
potatoes (yukons) (but I like russets in my tato salad)
Cook them till just tender and then mix with 2 T. red wine vinegar (to 3 lbs. tatoes). Refrigerate for an hour and then add -
red onion
celery
eggs
(That I tasted did not have pickles in it, so I tried it this time without, but I will add them next time or maybe later today.)
For the dressing -

3/4 cup of the BBQ sauce
3/4 cup Bleu cheese dressing

That's it and it's really tasty!! (I've already had to stop at the frig twice... )

Re: BBQ Potato Salad - BarbaraS - 03-09-2009

Jean,

You're just really out to torpedo my weight loss and exercise plan, aren't you?!

Barbara

Re: BBQ Potato Salad - Gourmet_Mom - 03-09-2009

Okay, I was leary with just the BBQ sauce, but when I got down to the bottom and saw you added BBQ sauce with Blue cheese dressing...you had me! Copied and saved for the near future! Thanks Jean!

Re: BBQ Potato Salad - pjcooks - 03-09-2009

That does sound good! I think it would good with just the blue cheese, as well. Thanks, Mam!

PJ

Re: BBQ Potato Salad - cjs - 03-10-2009

I guess, as everyone else is, I'm just sick of winter food!! Last night's dinner was so enjoyable. I grilled the sirloin outside (quickly!), potato salad, and grilled pineapple spears in the house. fun dinner.